Reheating a chuckie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
I smoked my first chuck roast, about 3.5 lbs, yesterday intending if jt were done before dinnaer last nite and if not it will be dinner tonite.

Its ending up as dinner tonite, I put it in the fridge last nite whole amd Ill need to heat it up for dinner tonite, am I better off putting it in a pan with beef broth, covering in foil and heating up in the oven or put it in a ziplock bag and heat it up with my sous vide?

Is there any advantages to reheating it, oven vs SV, back up for tonite?

20230810_093926.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't own an SV, but I think that would be your best option as far as not having the chuck dry out or overcook.

Chris

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
Ok, threw the meat in a ziplock bag, into a pot of water with my SV set at 150, also added about 1/2 can of beef broth to the bag for some added juicy goodness to pour over it tonite

Last edited:
I'm a foil pan / Pyrex dish guy .
Warm the broth and pour it over cold slices . Comes out fantastic .
Just did a chuck eye roast like that .

Reactions: civilsmoker
Done and slices up some for the kids, will eat with wife when she gets home. That is pretty tasty. Used the broth and drippings from the SV today and mixed with a little leftover beef gravy I made from a roast beef I made the other night, man that made a tasty jus.

20230810_175639.jpg

Back story, rubbed it with some Whiskey Bent Ancho Coffee rub and smoked with a combo of mesquite and apple chips yesterday. Not knowing my turnout, I hesitated making a post until I could get a taste test on it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky