Another Grilled Prime Chuck Roast by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice cook on the chuck, love the colour on the outside
( little pink for me ) but that is me . Looks very good.

Also the pepper picture is perfect, say that 3 times drunk, lol

Trying to get some transplants around here for Jalapenos, to make my jellies and things

David

Reactions: Retired Spook
I dug up a couple of old photos - a plate of chips with a light sprinkle of pure ghost pepper hot sauce and a jar of the stuff. Now I am even more depressed about my sick ghost pepper plants...

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

Reactions: 02ebz06
Well would ya look at what I found in HEB this morning - red habenero peppers! Much better for hot sauce than orange habaneros, in my humble opinion. A little sweeter whereas orange habaneros are mostly heat with very little flavor. I still prefer ghost peppers over all others but these will do for now!

IMG_1803.JPG

A mess of hot sauce fixins - God I wish they sold normal sized yellow onions 🤬 smaller onions actually taste better.
IMG_1804.JPG

I have some Carolina Reaper powder. That stuff can curl your toes.
Doesn't take much to add a lot of heat to a pot of Chili or other dishes.

Reactions: Retired Spook
I have some Carolina Reaper powder. That stuff can curl your toes.
Doesn't take much to add a lot of heat to a pot of Chili or other dishes.
Carolina Reapers have a similar taste profile to Ghost peppers but the heat is just over the top.

A jar of fresh red habenero hot sauce! Not too bad at all - not very hot (I always remove seeds and these I will dry and save) but pretty nice flavor, pretty good on corn tortilla chips. Probably be good on scrambled eggs in the AM.

IMG_1806.JPG

Taste and heat much improved after an overnight rest in the fridge!

I'm going to start a hot pepper sauce thread...

Last post here for the Red Habanero hot sauce - pretty dang good on some Santitas yellow corn tortilla chips - even a very slight hint of Ghost Pepper taste in there!!!

IMG_1810.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky