more snow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gwanger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
N. Illinois
snow Sunday am. snow Sunday pm, Snow Monday am. Lookout Bear, coming your way.What happened to spring? Snow moving east, I want to use my smoker for Bear bacon but is buried in snow. How much oatmeal can one man eat.Get your snow shovel out Bear. Didn't get as much as my in laws but what we got is what heart attacks are made of.Snow freezing rain and then more snow,each shovel full weighed 50lbs,

Last edited:
I feel for you all. Sucks to be looking at snow this time of year.
It wouldn't be bad if it was just snow but heart attack snow. I have a two stage snow blower and the snow bc it has so much water in it won't even come out of chute. So get shovel out.

Last edited:
snow Sunday am. snow Sunday pm, Snow Monday am. Lookout Bear, coming your way.What happened to spring? Snow moving east, I want to use my smoker for Bear bacon but is buried in snow. How much oatmeal can one man eat.Get your snow shovel out Bear. Didn't get as much as my in laws but what we got is what heart attacks are made of.Snow freezing rain and then more snow,each shovel full weighed 50lbs,

Thanks for the heads up!!
I saw that on the news!!, but I just checked again, and they're calling for cold enough nights over the next few days, but after today some low humidity.
Here it poured rain all night, with howling winds the whole night too.
Still raining, but by the time that stuff you got gets here, we shouldn't have any humidity left.
Hoping we miss it---We had enough---Over 7 Feet !!!

I know what you mean---These wet snows just stack up in the upper stage of my Gravely & turn into Slush bricks, and just fall out on the main blower body. PITA !!!

Bear

It was 80 degrees and sunny this past Saturday in East Tennessee.

Today its in the 30's and a small snow shower just rolled through.

Boy I sure feel for you guys. That front rolled thru here yesterday around dinner time.
It was just one line of thunderstorms, but the winds & rain made a real mess here. The thing is it only lasted about 5 minutes & everything in my back yard was blown all over the place, except my smokers & grills.
I sure hope you guys get some good weather soon!
Al

It was 80 degrees and sunny this past Saturday in East Tennessee.

Today its in the 30's and a small snow shower just rolled through.

LOL---Yeah, I don't know where that came from. We had 83° both Friday AND Saturday!!
I managed to get my Bee Traps ready without freezing my Butt off!!!

And ---Al----I guess we had our 2 days of "Good Weather".

Bear

Thanks for the heads up!!
I saw that on the news!!, but I just checked again, and they're calling for cold enough nights over the next few days, but after today some low humidity.
Here it poured rain all night, with howling winds the whole night too.
Still raining, but by the time that stuff you got gets here, we shouldn't have any humidity left.
Hoping we miss it---We had enough---Over 7 Feet !!!

I know what you mean---These wet snows just stack up in the upper stage of my Gravely & turn into Slush bricks, and just fall out on the main blower body. PITA !!!

Bear
Bear, a little secret spray your chute with PAM b4 each wet snow , just make sure you replace it b4 moma goes to make brownies. I had enough of winter I have two pieces of Bear bacon done curing and ready to smoke and now smoker is covered in wet snow

Last edited:
Bear, a little secret spray your chute with PAM b4 each wet snow , just make sure you replace it b4 moma goes to make brownies. I had enough of winter I have two pieces of Bear bacon done curing and ready to smoke and now smoker is covered in wet snow

I used to do that with my shovels & my blower chute, but now that I'm old & of poor health, I just call in Bear Jr & his Boss V-Plow. He can get the job done in minutes, and our driveways are connected anyway.
Better remove that snow from the smoker----Smoking Snow doesn't work too good!

Bear

LOL---We just had a 20 minute Blizzard.
The ground was covered White for a half hour----Gone now.

Bear

LOL---We just had a 20 minute Blizzard.
The ground was covered White for a half hour----Gone now.

Bear
Glad you missed the snow,we have more coming tomorrow,I need to get that bacon smoked.I would hate to smoke bacon in garage would make my antique MGB smell like a smokehouse. LOL. Bear I am hoping for spring weather for us all.

Glad you missed the snow,we have more coming tomorrow,I need to get that bacon smoked.I would hate to smoke bacon in garage would make my antique MGB smell like a smokehouse. LOL. Bear I am hoping for spring weather for us all.
Rain and more snow later today, isn't it April?

OK Guys!!
Looks like that's it for us here in SE PA. No more Snow (Knock on Wood).

So we ended up with a grand total of 86"----Yeah, That's 7 foot, 2 inches for the 2017-2018 Snow Season.

Right now we got a Blue Sky, Bright Sun, and 63° (11:30 AM).

Have a Great Summer, Guys!!!

Bear

OK Guys!!
Looks like that's it for us here in SE PA. No more Snow (Knock on Wood).

So we ended up with a grand total of 86"----Yeah, That's 7 foot, 2 inches for the 2017-2018 Snow Season.

Right now we got a Blue Sky, Bright Sun, and 63° (11:30 AM).

Have a Great Summer, Guys!!!

Bear
In the mid 60's today, hopefully snow is done, but need to go to other hse in UP Mi. they usually get the 70"snow, they just had 14" last week, I am tired of snow ready for tomatoes and peppers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky