more snow

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by Gwanger, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

snow Sunday am. snow Sunday pm, Snow Monday am. Lookout Bear, coming your way.What happened to spring? Snow moving east, I want to use my smoker for Bear bacon but is buried in snow. How much oatmeal can one man eat.Get your snow shovel out Bear. Didn't get as much as my in laws but what we got is what heart attacks are made of.Snow freezing rain and then more snow,each shovel full weighed 50lbs,

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. noboundaries

noboundaries Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I feel for you all. Sucks to be looking at snow this time of year.

3. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

It wouldn't be bad if it was just snow but heart attack snow. I have a two stage snow blower and the snow bc it has so much water in it won't even come out of chute. So get shovel out.

4. azbohunter

azbohunter Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Lived in NC Minnesota till I was 43, been in AZ desert since 1985 and I just smile when I see the news out of MN. Would never go back....we don't shovel heat!

5. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thanks for the heads up!!
    I saw that on the news!!, but I just checked again, and they're calling for cold enough nights over the next few days, but after today some low humidity.
    Here it poured rain all night, with howling winds the whole night too.
    Still raining, but by the time that stuff you got gets here, we shouldn't have any humidity left.
    Hoping we miss it---We had enough---Over 7 Feet !!!

I know what you mean---These wet snows just stack up in the upper stage of my Gravely & turn into Slush bricks, and just fall out on the main blower body. PITA !!!

Bear

6. It was 80 degrees and sunny this past Saturday in East Tennessee.

Today its in the 30's and a small snow shower just rolled through.

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Boy I sure feel for you guys. That front rolled thru here yesterday around dinner time.
    It was just one line of thunderstorms, but the winds & rain made a real mess here. The thing is it only lasted about 5 minutes & everything in my back yard was blown all over the place, except my smokers & grills.
    I sure hope you guys get some good weather soon!
    Al

8. bearcarver

LOL---Yeah, I don't know where that came from. We had 83° both Friday AND Saturday!!
    I managed to get my Bee Traps ready without freezing my Butt off!!!

And ---Al----I guess we had our 2 days of "Good Weather".

Bear

9. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    Just came thru Morristown about 1 pm

10. Nice! I lived in Jeff City for 5 years know right where you are. Any snow showers up that way?

11. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    Work at the east end.

12. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

Bear, a little secret spray your chute with PAM b4 each wet snow , just make sure you replace it b4 moma goes to make brownies. I had enough of winter I have two pieces of Bear bacon done curing and ready to smoke and now smoker is covered in wet snow

13. bearcarver

I used to do that with my shovels & my blower chute, but now that I'm old & of poor health, I just call in Bear Jr & his Boss V-Plow. He can get the job done in minutes, and our driveways are connected anyway.
    Better remove that snow from the smoker----Smoking Snow doesn't work too good!

Bear

14. bearcarver

LOL---We just had a 20 minute Blizzard.
    The ground was covered White for a half hour----Gone now.

Bear

15. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

Glad you missed the snow,we have more coming tomorrow,I need to get that bacon smoked.I would hate to smoke bacon in garage would make my antique MGB smell like a smokehouse. LOL. Bear I am hoping for spring weather for us all.

16. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

Rain and more snow later today, isn't it April?

17. bearcarver

OK Guys!!
    Looks like that's it for us here in SE PA. No more Snow (Knock on Wood).

So we ended up with a grand total of 86"----Yeah, That's 7 foot, 2 inches for the 2017-2018 Snow Season.

Right now we got a Blue Sky, Bright Sun, and 63° (11:30 AM).

Have a Great Summer, Guys!!!

Bear

18. Gwanger

Gwanger Meat Mopper

In the mid 60's today, hopefully snow is done, but need to go to other hse in UP Mi. they usually get the 70"snow, they just had 14" last week, I am tired of snow ready for tomatoes and peppers.