Monday Nights Chicken Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Central NY
Nothing real special here, just a deboned chicken stuffed with Swiss cheese and cured smoked pork loin. Sort of a chicken cordon bleu. Not much to show but a few pic's. It was my intent to fire up the stick burner for this but it's raining buckets outside so it was in the oven. Sort of a practice cook while conserving wood.
All in All, it tasted pretty good, even the wife like it!
Boned and ready to roll
396085652.jpg

Bird out and resting
396085656.jpg

sliced, will do more swiss next time
396085892.jpg

Wing lolypops with bacon, would be better deep fried then backed.
396085893.jpg

And last but not least,  italian sausage stuffed legs.
396085895.jpg

Thanks for lookin    / message sig

drool.gif

My stomach just rumbled something fierce looking at the picture of the sliced up whole bird.... That thing looks awesome.

How did the stuffed leg taste?

Looks awesome Dan 
drool.gif

Nothing real special here??????? Maybe for some of you but that is awesome. I dont know how to do that to a chicken but I will try that little search box and see what I can find. Thanks for the qveiw dan

Great Looking Chicken Dan...
drool.gif

I was wondering did you Spatchcock it First?
pot.gif

Gene and anyone else who wants to give this a ty, here's a link to the video that I learned it from. It's really very easy to do after you do it a couple times.

And thanks for the nice comments!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky