Moinks 2 ways. BBQ beer and Raspberry Chipotle. + Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
This is my first contribution to this forum. I have used this website numerous times in the past for help. It has been extremely useful and I finally got around to providing a cook of my own.

First, I decided to do some moinks. Just store bought meatballs wrapped in thin cut bacon. I added some of my brisket rub to these before putting them on the Traeger at 250. Took about an hour and a half at that temp for the bacon to get crisp. I mixed up a little beer with head country BBQ sauce for one glaze and a raspberry chipotle glaze for the others. Dipped them in the glaze at the end of the cook and let it set for about 10 minutes before pulling them off the smoker.
IMG-3191.JPG
IMG-3193.JPG
IMG-3194.JPG

I threw a few Pork Tenderloins on as well. Pulled one and sliced the other. Added the left over raspberry chipotle glaze to the sliced tenderloin.
IMG-3195.JPG

Threw on a few poppers to go with it and wife made her awesome potato salad. Potato salad is mustard base with boiled egg, red onion, dill pickle.
IMG-3196.JPG
IMG-3197.JPG

Long Saturday night for my helper!
IMG-3192.JPG

Thanks for looking. I look forward to contributing more in the future.

Welcome to SMF.com, about time you stopped lurking.
A great first post, really nice Qview.

Man, it all looks delicious, nice cook.
But that tenderloin, that looks like some divine swine.
And those poppers look tempting too.
Like!

Great Bbq there, a feast. I enjoy cooking like that, multiple meats.

Always good to see a satisfied helper too.

Good looking platter of smoked food. I really like the moinks.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great! We love pork tenderloin at our house. Ive never pulled one like that before. Ive also never done moinks before but im definitely going to give those a shot. Using the premade meat balls would make it quick and easy! Great looking plate very nicely done! Great job!

Thanks everyone for the likes and for the ride on the carousel!

Welcome to SMF.com, about time you stopped lurking.
A great first post, really nice Qview.

Man, it all looks delicious, nice cook.
But that tenderloin, that looks like some divine swine.
And those poppers look tempting too.
Like!
Chile thanks for the kind words. I have followed a few of your recipes in the past and had great results. The chuckie burnt ends were especially good!

Reactions: chilerelleno
Looks great! We love pork tenderloin at our house. Ive never pulled one like that before. Ive also never done moinks before but im definitely going to give those a shot. Using the premade meat balls would make it quick and easy! Great looking plate very nicely done! Great job!
I usually pull one and make sandwiches out if it for my kids. Give the moinks a try they are easy and delicious.

Glad you joined the party! All that food looks spectacular! I’d eat at least two plates :)

Nice lookin' cook, thanks for posting! I'm curious where "moinks" came from. Never heard the term. Almost sounds Yiddish if it wasn't for all the pork wrapped up in there, lol. I'd eat all of it :)

Nice lookin' cook, thanks for posting! I'm curious where "moinks" came from. Never heard the term. Almost sounds Yiddish if it wasn't for all the pork wrapped up in there, lol. I'd eat all of it :)
Part moo part oink--or part cow (meatballs) part pig ( bacon). Thanks for the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky