Mexican Shredded Mesquite Smoked Chicken Stuffed Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Mexican Shredded Mesquite Smoked Chicken Stuffed Peppers

Smoked a chicken , this time I did not brine or inject, But coated it really heavy with Mesquite BBQ rub from one of the packages I received a while back.
In the smoker with Mesquite chips and chunks and a few pellets.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Did its time in the smoker , and still nice and juicy skin on the bird

4.JPG

Went into the smoke fridge ( not allowed to use the house fridge anymore :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed: ) for couple days as little busy at work.

Brought it out and shredded most of the bird , saved a little for an other time, not sure what yet.
So shredded and into the ci with some canola oil to get the edges of the chicken nice and crispy , then in went all the good stuff.
canned diced tomato, 3 Chipotles in Adobo sauce chopped small , Ancho Chili Powder, oregano, cumin powder, and onion powder
little bit of tomato paste. Stir all so well blended, Add salt and black pepper and touch of sugar.

5.JPG 6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG

Let that simmer for a bit until well blended. The smell and the taste.....

Cut and clean out my peppers , add the chicken almost half full, mozza cheese , fill with the chicken and cover with more mozza
The first picture shows 3 peppers in the 3 stages. lol
9.JPG

Fill them up and into oven for 30 minutes , last 4 minutes under the broiler

10.JPG

11.JPG

Made some light sweet yellow rice .

So here is my plate , yes I took the biggest pepper, lol

12.JPG

13.JPG 14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

there you have it folks

My supper , good and tasty , and pretty to look at as I shovel it in :emoji_yum::emoji_yum:🤠

Thanks for looking
David

man that looks good.....Of course I dont know how much would make from the skillet to the peppers. "I might need to taste it just a little more...." (nom nom!)

Jim

Reactions: DRKsmoking
man that looks good.....Of course I dont know how much would make from the skillet to the peppers. "I might need to taste it just a little more...." (nom nom!)

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I'm with you Jim, I was sampling the whole time filling up the peppers, great flavour,
This had heavy smoke and Mesquite rub, and I caught Mona dipping into the pan, some things she likes smoke and somethings not so much. This one I guess passed the test.

David

Reactions: JLeonard
You could have stopped at just the birds and this would have been an awesome post, but then you went all the way to were awesome and perfection are best friends!!!!! Oh, and is the same place the rotator hangs out as well.

You could have stopped at just the birds and this would have been an awesome post, but then you went all the way to were awesome and perfection are best friends!!!!! Oh, and is the same place the rotator hangs out as well.

Thanks civil for the like and the comment

Why stop when you are on a good roll. lol
Everything was in the making of a very nice meal. And I try to hang out in at least one or two of those places. :emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:

David

Reactions: JLeonard
It’s official. I can now say I have drooled over a chickens breast. Nice work! The peppers look fantastic too.

Thanks for the comment

I hate ( not really ) it when that happens. The chicken was really good with the Mesquite rub and heavy smoke

And in the Mexican cook up in the pan , very nice

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky