Men's retreat weekend Qview including PrimeRib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
This last weekend was our church's annual Men's retreat at a lake in the Sierra's. We started Saturday with Chicken and Beef Fajitas. I didnt get any pictures of this but it was pretty darn tasty.

Sunday I made PR. Just a simple Salt, Pepper, and Garlic for the season. Used hickory and cherry for the smoke. Took to 135-140 internal temp. They turned out pretty good. The only complain I got was that one of the cuts of PR I got wasnt the greatest cut but still tasted great.
Then Monday I did Pulled Pork and ABT's. Click here to check out the PP and here for the ABT's.

Here is what I did when I wasnt cooking.

http://photobucket.com

Here are a few pics of the area.
Thanks for looking.

Looks like some great food and some great scenery I'm sure all the men had a good time it sure appears they ate well 
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man there Brian thats some mighty fine looking food and the scenery is almost just like what I see everyday here on the east coast of Florida. NOT thats super duper sweet landscape you guys got to run around in. Now it looks like you did a fab job on the prime rib. They look great to me.

Yeah its a good time and even though its camping I make sure they eat good. I also made Brats and breakfast sausage for the weekend as well. Ill get those pics up too.

My kinda weekend! Meat+4wheelers (beer)2 = great fun. Gonna be doing that on Labor Day weekend, scouting for moose. Not sure what I will be smoking yet but it will never top that prime rib!

Great job Brian. That does look mighty tasty to me and like a good time. Beautiful scenery too   

Great job Brian. That does look mighty tasty to me and like a good time. Beautiful scenery too   
I want to get a Cali gathering up at this place next year if possible

nice lookin rib brian..........nuthin like great food in a great setting!

icon_cool.gif

... and the scenery is almost just like what I see everyday here on the east coast of Florida. NOT
Know what you mean!  I grew up in Florida.  Highest point in the state is about 330 feet above sea level (at Bok Tower IIRC). 

Maybe that is why I like mountain areas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky