• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Men's retreat weekend Qview including PrimeRib

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
This last weekend was our church's annual Men's retreat at a lake in the Sierra's. We started Saturday with Chicken and Beef Fajitas. I didnt get any pictures of this but it was pretty darn tasty.

Sunday I made PR. Just a simple Salt, Pepper, and Garlic for the season. Used hickory and cherry for the smoke. Took to 135-140 internal temp. They turned out pretty good. The only complain I got was that one of the cuts of PR I got wasnt the greatest cut but still tasted great.
Then Monday I did Pulled Pork and ABT's. Click here to check out the PP and here for the ABT's.

Here is what I did when I wasnt cooking.

http://photobucket.com

Here are a few pics of the area.
Thanks for looking.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Looks like some great food and some great scenery I'm sure all the men had a good time it sure appears they ate well 

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Man oh Man there Brian thats some mighty fine looking food and the scenery is almost just like what I see everyday here on the east coast of Florida. NOT thats super duper sweet landscape you guys got to run around in. Now it looks like you did a fab job on the prime rib. They look great to me.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That's a mess of fine lookin' PR ! 

Really roughin' it eh Brian?? 

Bear

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Beautiful looking country. That PR looks awesome. Gotta put that on the list.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Yeah its a good time and even though its camping I make sure they eat good. I also made Brats and breakfast sausage for the weekend as well. Ill get those pics up too.

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Great Job Brian.

PR is looking freaking fantastic.

tjoff

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 4, 2009
That is some great looking grub.  I love camping in the Sierra's. Where about were you?

coffee_junkie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 17, 2009
My kinda weekend! Meat+4wheelers (beer)2 = great fun. Gonna be doing that on Labor Day weekend, scouting for moose. Not sure what I will be smoking yet but it will never top that prime rib!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Great job Brian. That does look mighty tasty to me and like a good time. Beautiful scenery too   

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Great job Brian. That does look mighty tasty to me and like a good time. Beautiful scenery too   
I want to get a Cali gathering up at this place next year if possible

chefrob

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 13, 2009
nice lookin rib brian..........nuthin like great food in a great setting!

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010

... and the scenery is almost just like what I see everyday here on the east coast of Florida. NOT
Know what you mean!  I grew up in Florida.  Highest point in the state is about 330 feet above sea level (at Bok Tower IIRC). 

Maybe that is why I like mountain areas.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.