1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Meatball Grinder

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gmc2003, Dec 24, 2018.

1. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

A sandwich that has many aliases grinders, subs, hoagies, torpedoes, heros, but one thing in common - it's real good and real simple to make.

I went down a different path with this one. After the wife and I spent most of the morning and early afternoon finishing up our Christmas shopping. I wanted to Q something simple and quick. Afterall it was 23 degrees out and I was just getting over being sick. So I broke out the 26" kettle and fired it up.

I also decided to change this up and use moinks instead of the traditional Italian meatballs. I won't bore you with the making of the moinks but will include a link to how I make them.

Moinks:
    https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/moinks.276989/

Here they are stuffed with smoke cheddar, wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with Tony C's seasoning.
    DSC00881.JPG

Oh did I forget to mention. I also added a few pork shots to the mix. Yummmm.
    Pork shot link:
    https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pork-shots.276391/
    DSC00883.JPG

Here they are post smoke:

DSC00885.JPG

A closeup of the moinks: The two pieces of kielbasa for for skidmark.

DSC00887.JPG
    ...and the finished product. Jacked up marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian bread.
    Sorry about the bite shot. I has eager to taste and hungy.
    DSC00890.JPG

This was really good - one of the best grinders I've made. Next time I'll forgo the italian bread and use regular grinder rolls. As I had to use a fork to eat most of the samwich.

Thanks for taking a peek.
    Chris

Attached Files:

2. buzzy

buzzy Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That is a man size sandwich. Looks bangin! I’d like one of those. Points!!

3. tropics

tropics Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Chris I am drooling looking at that. points.gif
    Richie

4. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sure looks good ! Nice idea .

5. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Master of the Pit

Good job Chris! I never had that before! Thanks for sharing!

Question, how do you like the Weber 26? The reason I am asking, I’m thinking about upgrading.

6. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Chris, nice smoke ,I'll be over ! :)

7. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

BAM! BAM! BAM!
    Damned nice moinks, shots and sammie!
    Great pics too.
    Chris, that is one fine cook, LIKE!

8. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I'm going to dig a hole under your fence.

9. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow! Come on next Christmas!
    I already made a pot of Burnt ends, Preacher Style. (Squirt of this, a handful of that, eyeball and smell, by the seat of the pants.)
    But I want to look into these! They look Delicious!

OH, and No worries about the bite, Chris. That adds Authenticity to the post, my Man!

I was thinking to myself (Dangerous), What is the difference between a meat grinder, and a meatball grinder....

10. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit

I wish I was your neighbor, that looks amazing. Like for sure

11. gmc2003

Thanks buzzy, It was huge. Sometimes my eyes are larger then my stomach.

Thanks Richie for the kind words and point. Payback for all the saliva I've lost looking at your posts.

Thanks chop for the compliment and point. Appreciate them. It was good and definitely a change.

Chris

12. gmc2003

Thanks Justin for the like and words. Try it sometime I think you'll like it. I'm really starting to like the 26" kettle. Allot more space to fill up. I still use the 22" often especially with the vortex. I would go for it if you have a family or cook for allot of people.

Thanks John for the like and compliment. It's a great way to utilize grate space, and feed my need for sammies.

Chris

13. disco

disco Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Can you say food art? I knew you could! Delicious enough for a big like!

14. Winterrider

Winterrider Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Hope I get a few more notepads for xmas, need to and this to the to-do list also. Excellent job...

15. gmc2003

No need to dig, we have a hidden gate. Thanks blue

Thanks for the point and kindly words Sonny. You have been busy lately. I haven't ventured out into the bacon or jerky world yet, but it's a coming.

Chris

16. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well, when you are ready, Chris, I'll be an alligator dragging you into the murky depths.
    Pork! It's the other white meat!
    Pork Loin burnt ends, gone tonight. Pork Jerky scooped up to go home.
    Sonny, big smiles!
    Merry Christmas!

gmc2003 likes this.
  17. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

That looks great and something I need to try :emoji_thumbsup:

18. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Those look amazing!
    What a great idea!!
    Al

19. gmc2003

Thanks dcecil for the like and kind words. You probably wouldn't like our winter weather, but your more then welcome anytime to visit.

Thanks Disco, but I have to disagree. What you put out in your videos and posts is food art. Mine is more like diner food. Also thanks for the like.

Thanks Winterrider, my todo lists is growing exponentially with each passing day

Chris

20. ab canuck

ab canuck Master of the Pit OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Chris that is a mighty fine looking sammie for sure!!!! Big Like... And Merry Xmas