Meatball Grinder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
A sandwich that has many aliases grinders, subs, hoagies, torpedoes, heros, but one thing in common - it's real good and real simple to make.

I went down a different path with this one. After the wife and I spent most of the morning and early afternoon finishing up our Christmas shopping. I wanted to Q something simple and quick. Afterall it was 23 degrees out and I was just getting over being sick. So I broke out the 26" kettle and fired it up.

I also decided to change this up and use moinks instead of the traditional Italian meatballs. I won't bore you with the making of the moinks but will include a link to how I make them.

Moinks:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/moinks.276989/

Here they are stuffed with smoke cheddar, wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with Tony C's seasoning.
DSC00881.JPG

Oh did I forget to mention. I also added a few pork shots to the mix. Yummmm.
Pork shot link:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pork-shots.276391/
DSC00883.JPG

Here they are post smoke:

DSC00885.JPG

A closeup of the moinks: The two pieces of kielbasa for for skidmark.

DSC00887.JPG

...and the finished product. Jacked up marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian bread.
Sorry about the bite shot. I has eager to taste and hungy.
DSC00890.JPG

This was really good - one of the best grinders I've made. Next time I'll forgo the italian bread and use regular grinder rolls. As I had to use a fork to eat most of the samwich.

Thanks for taking a peek.
Chris

Attachments

• DSC00890.JPG
    DSC00890.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00886.JPG
    DSC00886.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00887.JPG
    DSC00887.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00888.JPG
    DSC00888.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00889.JPG
    DSC00889.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00881.JPG
    DSC00881.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00882.JPG
    DSC00882.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00883.JPG
    DSC00883.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00884.JPG
    DSC00884.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00885.JPG
    DSC00885.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 12
Good job Chris! I never had that before! Thanks for sharing!

Question, how do you like the Weber 26? The reason I am asking, I’m thinking about upgrading.

Wow! Come on next Christmas!
I already made a pot of Burnt ends, Preacher Style. (Squirt of this, a handful of that, eyeball and smell, by the seat of the pants.)
But I want to look into these! They look Delicious!

OH, and No worries about the bite, Chris. That adds Authenticity to the post, my Man!

I was thinking to myself (Dangerous), What is the difference between a meat grinder, and a meatball grinder....

That is a man size sandwich. Looks bangin! I’d like one of those. Points!!

Thanks buzzy, It was huge. Sometimes my eyes are larger then my stomach.

Chris I am drooling looking at that. View attachment 383423
Richie

Thanks Richie for the kind words and point. Payback for all the saliva I've lost looking at your posts.

Sure looks good ! Nice idea .

Thanks chop for the compliment and point. Appreciate them. It was good and definitely a change.

Chris

Good job Chris! I never had that before! Thanks for sharing!

Question, how do you like the Weber 26? The reason I am asking, I’m thinking about upgrading.

Thanks Justin for the like and words. Try it sometime I think you'll like it. I'm really starting to like the 26" kettle. Allot more space to fill up. I still use the 22" often especially with the vortex. I would go for it if you have a family or cook for allot of people.

Chris, nice smoke ,I'll be over ! :)

BAM! BAM! BAM!
Damned nice moinks, shots and sammie!
Great pics too.
Chris, that is one fine cook, LIKE!

Thanks John for the like and compliment. It's a great way to utilize grate space, and feed my need for sammies.

Chris

Hope I get a few more notepads for xmas, need to and this to the to-do list also. Excellent job...

I'm going to dig a hole under your fence.

No need to dig, we have a hidden gate. Thanks blue

Wow! Come on next Christmas!
I already made a pot of Burnt ends, Preacher Style. (Squirt of this, a handful of that, eyeball and smell, by the seat of the pants.)
But I want to look into these! They look Delicious!

OH, and No worries about the bite, Chris. That adds Authenticity to the post, my Man!

I was thinking to myself (Dangerous), What is the difference between a meat grinder, and a meatball grinder....

Thanks for the point and kindly words Sonny. You have been busy lately. I haven't ventured out into the bacon or jerky world yet, but it's a coming.

Chris

Thanks for the point and kindly words Sonny. You have been busy lately. I haven't ventured out into the bacon or jerky world yet, but it's a coming.

Well, when you are ready, Chris, I'll be an alligator dragging you into the murky depths.
Pork! It's the other white meat!
Pork Loin burnt ends, gone tonight. Pork Jerky scooped up to go home.
Sonny, big smiles!
Merry Christmas!

Reactions: gmc2003
That looks great and something I need to try :emoji_thumbsup:

I wish I was your neighbor, that looks amazing. Like for sure

Thanks dcecil for the like and kind words. You probably wouldn't like our winter weather, but your more then welcome anytime to visit.

Can you say food art? I knew you could! Delicious enough for a big like!

Thanks Disco, but I have to disagree. What you put out in your videos and posts is food art. Mine is more like diner food. Also thanks for the like.

Hope I get a few more notepads for xmas, need to and this to the to-do list also. Excellent job...

Thanks Winterrider, my todo lists is growing exponentially with each passing day

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky