Meat Lovers Pizza Fattie...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well, the wife was gone for the day and we're scheduled to go to a party at her sisters house on Sunday. Since the wife offered to bring something to eat and my pork shots are banned(because the last time or two I brought them everyone filled up on the shots and nobody ate the main course). I decided to make a fatty.

I won't go into great detail on how it's made - I've already done that. Links provided if anyone is interested.
The build:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...bacon-weave-this-is-a-two-part-thread.275822/
The weave:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/fatties-part-two-the-bacon-weave.275824/

Off to the races -
After flattening out the sausage I added the first two rows of meat. Ham then some Capicola

DSC00972.JPG

Then some Pepperoni and Prosciutto.
DSC00973.JPG

Followed up by some cheese and pizza sauce:
DSC00974.JPG

...and yodeled up into a nice tube.
DSC00975.JPG

Can't forget about the bacon...
DSC00976.JPG

There all wrapped up. Snug as a bug in a rug.
DSC00977.JPG

Break out the 26" kettle with charcoal baskets
DSC00978.JPG

better shot
DSC00979.JPG

Add in some pork shots for dinner.
DSC00980.JPG

another angle.
DSC00981.JPG

and presto-chango it's finished...but is it - ummm
DSC00982.JPG

Onto today, which is the next day from yesterday. I wanted to try something a bit different on this one. So I add a loose weave of puff pastry.

DSC00983.JPG

Now she's complete.
DSC00984.JPG

Plated and waiting to make an grand entrance to the upcoming party.

DSC00985.JPG

Thanks for taking a peak. I'll be reheating this one in a few hours to share amongst family. Sorry it's a longer thread then originally anticipated.

Chris

That looks awesome . Great idea with the puff pastry . Great post . Maybe you can sneak a sliced shot .

Now that's My Kind Of Football !!
Nice Job, Chris!!
Another life of the Party, I'll Bet!!
Like.

Bear

Love both the meat lovers fatty and the puff pastry. Ive often thought of the pastry on the outside of a breakfast “biscuits and gravy” fatty. Now I have to try it! Like!

That looks awesome . Great idea with the puff pastry . Great post . Maybe you can sneak a sliced shot .

Thanks Chop, the pastry worked better then I thought. First time using it. I did manage to get a sliced shot.

Looks awesome Chris!

Thanks Jcam for the kind words and like - appreciate them.

Chris

Looking good Chris. Nice twist with the puff pastry.

Thanks Gator, I wanted to change things up a bit for the party, and thanks for the like.

Dang Chris. That puff pastry shot looks incredible. A 26 incher huh? I have kettle envy!

Thanks 5Grill. The PP worked better then expected. The 26" is a keeper for sure.

Chris

One of the best looking fatties that I have seen on the forum. Bacon laced perfectly. Nice job!

Thanks for the compliment Hawging, it was tight.

Now that's My Kind Of Football !!
Nice Job, Chris!!
Another life of the Party, I'll Bet!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear for the kindly words and like - appreciate them. The slices dissappeared just as fast as I could slice them up. I was lucky to get one.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky