Masterbuilt lack of "customer support"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilohertz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Vernon, BC Canada
I have been trying to find a way to contact Masterbuilt to order parts not shown on their site, racks and shelves to update my new MES30 Analog. They don't answer phone calls, there's no chat link, and haven't responded to my online form request.

Anyone in the last little while been able to contact them, if so, how?

Thanks

Seems to me the best bet was either by email or Facebook if they have it... can't remember for sure but know there have been others having your same issue. Hopefully someone who has actually messaged them will reply.

Ryan

Thanks guys,

Well I sent them a message on the FB page, we'll see if they reply. I even gave them the part numbers so there is really no work for them to do.

Appliance parts doesn't have the rack holders and they want $35 per rack, that's not going to happen. :emoji_laughing:

I'll let you know how I make out. I really just need the rack holders, but could probably make something myself, racks are available from Amazon, 3 for $35 for stainless.

Cheers

Well, nothing from them yet so I sent second FB message, fingers crossed.

The new MES30 arrived today and I want to make the mods before using it. The new stack will be here Friday, just need the rack holders.

Come on Masterbuilt...

Cheers

Well, nothing from them yet so I sent second FB message, fingers crossed.

The new MES30 arrived today and I want to make the mods before using it. The new stack will be here Friday, just need the rack holders.

Come on Masterbuilt...

Cheers
If you want to go this route you can just use some Angle Aluminum. Here is 6 pieces of 1"x1"x12" long and 1/8" thick for under $20 with the online coupon to clip
61QGH6zYy9L._SX466_.jpg

With that analog smoker I think you can pull it a part so you can get the internal walls out of there and then bolt these pieces of aluminum to the wall. You could also try using sheet metal screws as well but I believe there walls of the MES analog are hollow so it would only grab the sheet metal which isn't very thick.

Anyhow, this is some food for thought on what you might want to do :)

Reactions: kilohertz
Well, good/bad news.

I heard from MB and they no longer supply these rack holders, they suggested the same places mentioned here, but of course, they don't have them either.

So, I'll come up with something else to hold the extra 3 or 4 racks. Probably change the spacing of the original 3 racks then add 4 more up top. The angle brackets are one solution, I'm going to look around for some other chrome wire type racks that may be able to be modified to work as well.

I'll post pics when I figure this out.

Cheers

Well, good/bad news.

I heard from MB and they no longer supply these rack holders, they suggested the same places mentioned here, but of course, they don't have them either.

So, I'll come up with something else to hold the extra 3 or 4 racks. Probably change the spacing of the original 3 racks then add 4 more up top. The angle brackets are one solution, I'm going to look around for some other chrome wire type racks that may be able to be modified to work as well.

I'll post pics when I figure this out.

Cheers
Do you ever plan to do sausage or hang anything to smoke in this smoker? If so I would say an angle bracket at the top of the smoker so you can use 3/4 inch dowels would be a nice to have if you go the angle bracket route. I would also mount them where they are arranged this way against the wall:
1687472521028.png

Reactions: kilohertz
I have been trying to find a way to contact Masterbuilt to order parts not shown on their site, racks and shelves to update my new MES30 Analog. They don't answer phone calls, there's no chat link, and haven't responded to my online form request.

Anyone in the last little while been able to contact them, if so, how?

Thanks
I had the same issue for switches on my MB560. not to mention no response a couple of years ago when my MES30 went tits up. I found posting a "cute" little twitter post about their shitty service gets pretty quick attention, as they seem to spend more time on social media than answering phone calls.

I have a masterbuilt 40 elect if I set temp #250 doesn't seem to want to smoke what temp should I see smoke.
Hi there and welcome!
Do you happen to have a digital thermometer to double check the smoker temperature?

MES units are notorious for having very inaccurate temp measurements for both the smoker temp and their meat probes.
If you can check this I bet you find your smoker is really not getting close to 250F.

As normanaj normanaj talks about, you can use the A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker (AMPNS) tray or tube to produce much better smoke you can control. Tray can do up to 12 hours of perfect smoke and tube can do 3-4 hours of smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky