Masterbuilt Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I went and looked at this smoker today. I saw the sticker noted it could hold 4 pork butts. The top rack seems too close to the top to accept one on the top rack, and the middle rack seems to close to the bottom to be able to get any pork butts on anything other than the bottom. Just curious as to real world capacity of this 560 so far. I normally use 8.5lb chunks. I was hoping for the ability to put the racks in more positions than just the two offered locations. Has this been an issue for anyone so far...thanks.

Reactions: Will Squared
Yep. I saw your posts with pics and did some searchin this morning. I just wanted to know what sizes you thought were best for the situation. Thanks for the input.

The peppers were dehydrated today. Amazing how much they shrink down to. 3 lbs of peppers shrinks to 3.8 oz. ! I will grind them for rubs & such.
I googled Paprika and found out that it was made in Hungary.
I can't find any Paprika Peppers but I found some Smoked Paprika at Costco yesterday. It is also called Spanish Paprika. 3 bucks for a spice jar size.
Ah, I need to get spice jars...

Next cook will be a Pork Shoulder that We have in the fridge. 9 lb. Wife says I have to split it with her... for the slow cooker.
Should I give her the half with the bone or without?
Paprica can come from red bell peppers as well.

I went and looked at this smoker today. I saw the sticker noted it could hold 4 pork butts. The top rack seems too close to the top to accept one on the top rack, and the middle rack seems to close to the bottom to be able to get any pork butts on anything other than the bottom. Just curious as to real world capacity of this 560 so far. I normally use 8.5lb chunks. I was hoping for the ability to put the racks in more positions than just the two offered locations. Has this been an issue for anyone so far...thanks.
I have done 8 cooks in my 560 so far. The 2nd cook was a 9 lb pork shoulder. I put it on the main grill and put both racks on top... put a bowl of water on top. There was more room on the main grill.
What I really like about the 560 is that I can slow cook something @ 225. take it off, and ramp the cooker up to 700 in just a few minutes ( like 10). When you open the lid it can drop 80' then build back up.
I took the Sirloins off at 110' and then Reverse Sear on high... like 5 min on each side brought it up to 145 and was perfect.
On one cook I wanted to see how low it would hold and I slow smoked pineapple and bananas for 9 hours... held 160' rock steady (no peek).
The 560 has 560 cubic inches. It cost $497. They are going to come out with a 1060 for around $700.
I would say that the Gravity Feed is way over the top compared to a pellet burner.

Did 3 butts Saturday, 2 10lb and one 9. Plenty of room. I took the top shelf grate and slide it next to the one on the second shelf.

Last edited:
I was at my local Wallymart yesterday where they had one on display.
Naturally, I just had to take a look-see. I was seriously considering bringing one home until the wife gave me "that look".
Anyway, I liked what I saw.
I think the combo of briquettes, ease of use, price and ability to add some smoke make this unit extremely attractive. Very few parts to replace if something breaks..gotta give it to Mastrrbuilt on this one. Bigger size should really open up sales on these.

Part of me is glad I waited for the 1060, but it's been a real challenge holding off. Glad to see that some of the vendors on the FB group are able to place their orders for them.

• Wow
Part of me is glad I waited for the 1060, but it's been a real challenge holding off. Glad to see that some of the vendors on the FB group are able to place their orders for them.
What FB group are you referring to where it shows vendors are able to order the 1050, thanks.

Last edited:
What FB group are you referring to where it shows vendors are able to order the 1050, thanks.

"Masterbuilt Gravity Series Fans" is the only group I'm in for this smoker. A guy who runs a business called Keystone Barbecue Supply posted that he was able to order a few for his store, so I imagine we'll start seeing them at the big box store websites fairly soon.

They are available from Walmart. That is where I got my 560. They filled that spot and then sold it as well. The space has remained empty at my Walmart.
I bet you could order it through Walmart with free pickup at the store.

Maybe there has been a run on 560's and Masterbuilt is trying to catch up ( purely conjecture)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky