Maiden voyage for the Bradley

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

geoffchef

Fire Starter
Original poster
First chance I've had since I got the thing and seasoned it on Tuesday last. Cold smoking some cheese as we speak. It's about 10C outside, 50F, and I have a tray of ice in there and the main element unplugged, seems to be holding around 80F. There are chunks of Black Diamond old cheddar, Gruyere, Monterey Jack and some 4 year old Balderson's cheddar in there. It's going to be really hard to wait 2 weeks to try it!

The plan for tomorrow is a meatloaf and some ABTs.

:th_What_NO_QVIEW:

We love pic's! How long are you going to smoke the cheese and type of wood your using? Meatloaf and ABT's sound great as well!

Hope the cheese turns out to have enough flavor, last batch I did was around three or four hours. Like they say the wait is the hardest part! I smoked a hunk of Boursin for the heck of it one time and needless to say don't bother it was cold enough and the cheese held up fine but it was overkill. However a nice double Gloucester with chives turns out amazing!

The wait is going to be brutal!

Got the meatloaf all ready to rock and roll today and, wouldn't you know, it started raining! Bradley threatens the wrath of god if the machine gets wet so I had to bodge up a table from sawhorses and move it to the garage. I've got a fan blowing so, hopefully, I won't stink the place up.

Finished products.

Couldn't seem to get the smoker over 210F, and the internal temp on the loaf stalled at 140; so I wound up overdoing the ABTs a little and finishing the meat in the oven. The meatloaf was also a little overcooked, so I'm questioning the accuracy of my iGrill mini probe thermometer. Still very tasty. Think I'm going to be doing ABTs a lot.

Used Jeff's rub and sauce - very good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky