LSU Game Day....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Big game of the regular season is when LSU plays Alabama. My Cousin always throws a game day/B-Day party. The food was great and the game was awesome!

Venison and Cajun Smoke Sausage Jambalaya
IMG_20221105_175048.jpg

And I brought a board....
IMG_20221105_152634.jpg

Fennel Coppa, Tenderloin stuffed Sopressata, Goose Pepperoni, Calabrian Sopressata, and Pistachio n Lemon Salami. Cheese in the middle is Parmesan.

Congrats on your win. As a Notre dame fan I naturally hate LSU now bc of Brian Kelly haha
Well, Kelly will have access to a larger pool of recruits at LSU verses Notre Dame. I was reserved when they announced the hire...We shall see how this goes, but he has done well coaching the team game to game so far and the team is improving each week. I did not think they would be where they are at this early. Beating Bama was huge. They win out, and we'll see Georgia for the SEC title game. Beat Georgia and they are in the playoffs for the natty. I think the SEC game is as far as they go, but we shall see......

Reactions: JLeonard
Well, Kelly will have access to a larger pool of recruits at LSU verses Notre Dame. I was reserved when they announced the hire...We shall see how this goes, but he has done well coaching the team game to game so far and the team is improving each week. I did not think they would be where they are at this early. Beating Bama was huge. They win out, and we'll see Georgia for the SEC title game. Beat Georgia and they are in the playoffs for the natty. I think the SEC game is as far as they go, but we shall see......
I’m a die hard ND fan but don’t disagree with a thing you said - the way Kelly left the team in the middle of the night and then pretended to have a southern accent - well - you can have him. Having said that he’s a good football coach - just a d bag as far as I’m concerned. Good win last night for both LSU and the Irish last night.

OP - food looks amazing.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Another ND fan here. Hated Kelly up until last night. He made his point why he left.

Both schools made out with a W when he left, so can’t complain. He wouldn’t have beat Clemson last night if he was still at ND.

Big game of the regular season is when LSU plays Alabama. My Cousin always throws a game day/B-Day party. The food was great and the game was awesome!

Venison and Cajun Smoke Sausage Jambalaya
View attachment 647942

And I brought a board....
View attachment 647941

Fennel Coppa, Tenderloin stuffed Sopressata, Goose Pepperoni, Calabrian Sopressata, and Pistachio n Lemon Salami. Cheese in the middle is Parmesan.
I have to think people are lined up to watch the game at your house for some charcuterie!!

Another ND fan here. Hated Kelly up until last night. He made his point why he left.

Both schools made out with a W when he left, so can’t complain. He wouldn’t have beat Clemson last night if he was still at ND.
Agree, he also wouldn’t have lost to either Marshall or Stanford. He left for greener pastures - much much greener. Not hating on him, just the way he did it and comments after were classless for a program and kids that gave so much to him. He wants a natty and $100m, and that’s gonna be a whole lot easier at LSU than ND. Good riddance.

Agree, he also wouldn’t have lost to either Marshall or Stanford. He left for greener pastures - much much greener. Not hating on him, just the way he did it and comments after were classless for a program and kids that gave so much to him. He wants a natty and $100m, and that’s gonna be a whole lot easier at LSU than ND. Good riddance.
I totally get what you are saying here. Irony is- he beat Alabama ans Saban. Saban did the same thing to LSU, but no hard feelings from me because he put LSU back on track and showed the fan base what is possible.

Awesome looking food!!

Cripes I'd suffer thru an LSU game for a plate of that.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks like how my parents made jambalaya for us growing up.

OP - food looks amazing.

I have to think people are lined up to watch the game at your house for some charcuterie!!

Man that Jambalaya looks incredible!
Thanks Guys! Cousin simmered that pot for 3 hours prior to adding the rice and finishing in the oven... That is the easy way to finish a jambalaya; perfect rice every time and no burnt bottom.

Congrats on your win. As a Notre dame fan I naturally hate LSU now bc of Brian Kelly haha

I’m a die hard ND fan but don’t disagree with a thing you said - the way Kelly left the team in the middle of the night and then pretended to have a southern accent - well - you can have him. Having said that he’s a good football coach - just a d bag as far as I’m concerned. Good win last night for both LSU and the Irish last night.

OP - food looks amazing.

Did not mean for this post to stir up the Notre Dame faithful. I get the hard feelings, but it sure felt good to beat Saban. I will admit I know very little of the back story on Kelly's departure from ND...guess it's just the world we live in now in College Football....and I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Did not mean for this post to stir up the Notre Dame faithful. I get the hard feelings, but it sure felt good to beat Saban. I will admit I know very little of the back story on Kelly's departure from ND...guess it's just the world we live in now in College Football....and I'll leave it at that.
😂, I hear ya - I know one thing, he’s eating a whole lot better down there in the Bayou! Back to food . . .

Some great looking grub! That plate is on point and the jambalaya too!

Coming from a fan that beat Saban for the first time in years it does feel damned good doesn't it? Kelly is a grade A gooch sniffer though. Was nice beating him too. Too bad we choked and let GA beat the hell out of us. All in all it has been a fun college football season all around. Banter back in forth in good fun. Some amazing games all around!!

I miss Coach O!!
1667833128200.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky