Tonight's Board....05/11/2023

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Had dinner at my fishing friends house tonight. Did the Pecan Crusted Duck Patties with Cumberland Sauce again. We sipped wine and sampled the board for over an hour. I was in heaven! Brought a big Italian Borolo Reserva to drink with the board.

IMG_20230511_172410.jpg

I really enjoyed the 16yr. aged Cheddar that Steve H Steve H sent to me! That cheese REALLY wakes up with a glass of wine!!! Holy Crap...I was blown away! Really good cheese! And the big wine was perfect for it! High acid, High tannins, High alcohol. It pairs well with big bold flavors.

IMG_20230511_175428.jpg

Starting top left going clock-wise...
Finocchiona , Goose/pork pepperoni, Goose thigh tasso, pistachio and lemon, Calabrian Soppressata, 26 month Aged Fiocco di Culatello (middle), tenderloin stuffed Soppressa di Vento. Cheeses were 16 yr. aged Cheddar and Parmesan.

Wow very nice, never had a idea cheese could be aged that long, wine yes cheese no lol

Man I think I could consume that whole board by myself, ie as you turn to pour the wine, you be like what happened to the board….it be gone!

Very nice!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Man I think I could consume that whole board by myself, ie as you turn to pour the wine, you be like wait happened to the board….it be gone!

Very nice!
LOL! Thanks Civil! Though I don't recommend eating a charcuterie board that fast...the whole point is to eat it slowly and savor the explosion of flavors the dry curing process creates.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Very nice looking spread! Did you make the board ? It's very nice as well.
My charcuterie has been just pepperoni, summer sausage, and Genoa salami.
Need to try Soppressata.

Man I think I could consume that whole board by myself, ie as you turn to pour the wine, you be like what happened to the board….it be gone!

Very nice!
Same here! I love an adult lunchable.
And I keep saying we need a "drooling" emoji to go into the like button. Cause this for sure had me drooling.

Jim

Reactions: civilsmoker
Oh when I said be gone it be gone to the roof with me while it savor every bite myself watching the sky….lol. We love board dinners on a Sunday afternoon…..hours of just tasty experience!

Oh man this sounds great. Makes me want to put something together this weekend. My wife has me smoking ribs for Mother's Day, but may need to start it off with something like this board!

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky