Low Country Boil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Low Country Boil with Alaskan Snow Crab, Andouille Sausage, Sweet Corn, Red Potatoes, Eggs and Shrimp.

20210817_190314.jpg

Wow that is quite the combo boil kilo,
great scoff right there.
I would share with my wife , she can have the shell fish, the rest is mine

David

Thank you!

That's the great thing about a dish like this.. you can add or subtract whatever you like and once you dump it out.. eat what you want!

Reactions: PPG1 and DRKsmoking
Yum!!! Been wanting to try this and your meal is making me drool…nice job!

Thank you!

It's pretty simple.. a pot of boiling water seasoned with Zatarain's Concentrated Shrimp and Crab Boil and some Old Bay Seasoning and just add things based on their cooking time. Potatoes first since they take the longest, in this case the eggs were second, then the corn, then Sausage and then the Crab legs.. Shrimp are always last since they only take a few minutes.

I tend to buy what they call EZ Peel shrimp and leave the shells on so they hold in the seasoning.

That is a good looking low country boil. This is coming from someone who lives in the low country of South Carolina

Thank you! Appreciate the compliment!

Looks good, kc. That's a regular around here, but have never included the boiled eggs, have included the crab legs when they weren't so darn expensive. But like you said, it can be tailored to fit anyone's personal likes and tastes. When you get to the low country of South Carolina, many call it Beaufort Stew, but there are many who know it by its real name and that's Frogmore Stew. Frogmore, SC is a small fishing community where this dish supposedly originated...

Looks good, kc. That's a regular around here, but have never included the boiled eggs, have included the crab legs when they weren't so darn expensive. But like you said, it can be tailored to fit anyone's personal likes and tastes. When you get to the low country of South Carolina, many call it Beaufort Stew, but there are many who know it by its real name and that's Frogmore Stew. Frogmore, SC is a small fishing community where this dish supposedly originated...

Thank you!

And you're correct.. this does go by many names!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky