1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Last Weekends Monster Smoke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dutch, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

It's been awhile since I've posted any q-view and since I did a monster smoke (smoker was going for two days) I figured that I would share it you all.

Saturday's smoke consisted of a 14 pound packer brisket, an 8 pound pork butt and 3 slabs of spare ribs.  Batteries were DOA in the camera so I didn't get any pic of the prep or smoker shots. Now don't give me any "Bubba sez" crap-just follow along with the pics [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here we have the brisky point cut into cubes, coated with some 'que sauce and dusted with my brisky rub-gonna be some great burnt ends!!

[​IMG]

and no smoke session wouldn't be complete with out some of my almost world famous Wicked Baked beans-

[​IMG]

Got a good deal on some jalapenos at 49 cents a pound so I figured I ought to throw in some ABT's too

[​IMG]

Wasn't sure how many were going to show up for the son's birthday bash so some chicken thighs were brought to the party

[​IMG]

Burnt Ends poured onto the the grill basket and ABT's on the Lang . . .

[​IMG]

Another shot of the ABT's . . .

[​IMG]

WBB in the Lang for a kiss of smoke. . .

[​IMG]

Brisky that was smoked on Saturday. .

[​IMG]

Some left over Brisky slices. . .

[​IMG]

MMMmmmm anybody got ribs???

[​IMG]

These ABT's were great-the peppers where stuffed with sausage and ColbyJack cheese

[​IMG]

These ends were soooo goooood. . .I really had a hard time staying out of them while I was slicing the brisky and the ribs.

[​IMG]

My chicken thighs came out fantastic. Smoked them at 315° and the skin came out crispy and had that "Bite through" quality that judges look for in competitions

[​IMG]

These beans disappeared so dang fast, I didn't get a chance to snag any for my lunch.

The butt I smoked was shredded and will be used later in the week for some pork enchiladas.

Hope you all enjoyed the q-view

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
    meateater likes this.
  2. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Dutch

Very Cool!!

I must have missed the memo.

TOdd

3. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Hey!  Next time you're having a party, send out an invite!  The food looks great Dutch.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I have to agree with everyone so far and that will come your food looks great and I know it taste as good as it looks. Now let's get one thing straight your BEANS are world famous for everyone here at SMF knows about them and probably have made them (I have) and this forum is world wide to so there. No Lip now........their famous PERIOD. You have done a great job and I'm sure that your son had a great birthday

5. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Dutch, that's agreat looking spread ya got there! [​IMG]

6. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW Dutch that all looks so good. well done

7. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

That all looks so great, I'm at a loss for superlatives!!!  Made a version of your beans a few weeks back, hubby says the best he's ever had! 

8. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Awesome as usual Dutch

9. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

All i can add is   DROOL!!!!

10. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

I'm not even gonna try to single anything out, because everything looks absolutely fantastic ![​IMG]

Where'd you get the recipe for those Wicked Baked Beans? [​IMG]

Thanks for all the great Qview,

Bear

11. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That chicken looks OFF THE HOOK [​IMG]

12. jirodriguez

jirodriguez Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My hats off to you Dutch! Those ribs and burnt ends had me drooling!

13. richoso1

richoso1 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, now that is the banquet of my eyes. You must have drove everyone on your block nuts, just with the aromas floating through the hood. Great smoke and Q Dutch.

14. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Everything looks wonderful. I bet you had a bunch of very happy people.

15. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That was beautiful Dutch thanks for sharing the Q-view. And your bean recipe is the Best!!

Dan

16. thunderdome

thunderdome Master of the Pit

Great lookin Q

17. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Looks like some awesome food coming off that Lang [​IMG]

18. otter

otter Meat Mopper

Looks Great Dutch

19. cowgirl

cowgirl Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Those are some mighty fine looking eats Earl.  Mighty fine!! [​IMG]

scarbelly likes this.
  20. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Dutch you knocked it out of the park again. Awesome spread. Gave ya the thums up cause I cant give ya [​IMG]