Last Round-up

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
BEAR from one pa guy to another I give you a big salute my friend
20230114_081358.jpg

John, just got word about your situation and wanted to pop back over to say thank you. You have been such and inspiration to me over the last 13 years or probably more. I will always remember your kind discussions with me and many things that you taught me as a newbie that I am now teaching my kids. THANK YOU! May the spirits carry you gently on your next journey.

Bear,

You have been an inspiration and mentor to so many. Your Step By Steps have guided myself and so many others through troubled waters. I fall back on theses step by steps often. All your help on SMF with MES issues for so many will be remembered for years to come. You were an early believer in SV and lead the way for many. Well Done! Well Done!

Weedeater

Reactions: jcam222
Take comfort and pride Bear, knowing you have served your Country and the people on this forum with Dignity and Honor. I will always cherish the PM conversations with you. You have enriched so many people that you have never even met. I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are in our prayers.

Don

Just read your post now John. Sucks big time.
It's too soon, my friend. Talk to the Good Lord and tell him "I want to go to Heaven, but I don't want to go tonight". Good people like you shouldn't leave this world so soon.
I've learned so much from you, from your posts and PMs. When I first joined this Forum 13 years ago, all I knew about smoking was that I liked BBQ. To this day much of my knowledge and successful smokes came from, and still comes from, your advice and Step-by-Steps.
Thank you my friend. You will be missed.
God Bless and God Speed.
With a bit of luck, I'll see you on the other side.
Gary

Bear

We lived so close but never met.
You been here through all the moves and postings and tried to get me back to PA...Lol

Our prayers go out to you and your family. Stay focused as much as you can, all the good thoughts and prayers can help you.

Thinking of you my friend

Rick & Chrystal

Reactions: jcam222 and nicefly
Your step by step was the first and only thing I followed to a T when I first got my MES a few years ago. I still refer to them from time to time. You have helped so many who frequent this site. I hope your journey to the other side is filled with beautiful memories of a life well lived. Thank you Bear... Godspeed.

Dean

This is tough for someone who has been around here almost as long as Bear has. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet that you were one of the first to welcome me when I joined this forum. Bear is, and always will be part of SMF. Your legacy will live on through all you have posted over the years, John.

Bear thanks for everything you’ve shared on the forum. I Always enjoyed your posts and advice. I’m sure all your knowledge, tips and recipes will be carried on for longer than most of us are on here. Take care my friend

Bear, I hope you are able to read all these tributes. From the beginning of my time here, I recognized that your advice deserved special attention, and your posts were always enjoyable. I considered it an honor if you replied or responded to one of my posts. Godspeed.

Last Round-up

OK Guys, I don't know how much I got left in me, I'm on Hospice now.
Going downhill, but I don't want to explain it now.

However I have a couple of last items to show off:
The first one is the Coffee Table Bear Jr made in his shop, and sold last week.
The buyer sent him the items that he wanted put inside with the epoxy.
They are shells the buyers collected, some coins & some paper Caribbean Money.
The wood is "Natural Cherry".

The other items are Bethany's Eye-balls.
She went from making & decorating cakes, to Oil Painting Scenery, to Painting Kids & Pets.
They were all fantastic.
However now she is working on eyeballs.
Below are a couple Eye-balls she did with colored pencils.
I find it hard to believe they could look so real.
Maybe I should have gotten her to paint the eyes that were in my Bears?!?!

You guys all take care now.
See you all on the other side.

Bear

Coffee Table sitting on the CNC Router:
View attachment 654363

Live-edge Cherry with epoxy center:
View attachment 654364

Another View:
View attachment 654365

Here you can see the stuff inside:
View attachment 654366

Closer Look:
View attachment 654367

A Pony's Eye: (Note small Mountain Range inside Eye reflection): Amazing!!
View attachment 654368

A Rabbit's Eye: (Another mountain range in refection): Also Amazing!
View attachment 654369
Stay strong Bear - you’ll be missed

Thanks for sharing Bearcarver Bearcarver . Bear Jr and the Mrs are doing a great job of honoring the Bear family tradition of excellence. I wish you and your family strength and healing during these tough times. Thank you for your commitment and valuable input over the years. You are a SMF legend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky