Lamb ribs and chicken thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 22, 2011
Washington, DC
Went to Wally World the other day and saw what appeared to be little tiny baby back ribs. Upon closer inspection, the package was called "Lamb Breast". I'd had this before, but without the ribs attached. I figured it'd be a good candidate for a dip in the sous vide jacuzzi.
IMG_0529.jpeg
IMG_0538.jpeg

Started off at 132 but raised it to 150 after a little thinking about how tough lamb breast was the last time I had it. Plus I do baby backs at 150, so figured it couldn't hurt.
Let them soak for about 4 hours, then on to the mini with some chicken thighs.

IMG_0555.jpeg

This was towards the end after I'd sauced 4 of the 6 thighs, and painted the lamb with some melted mint jelly. Total time on the mini was just under 2 hours at 300.

IMG_0566.jpeg

Had to have some veggies. Basted these with some Raspberry Vinagrette as they grilled.

IMG_0568.jpeg
IMG_0569.jpeg

Then plated up and chowed down! Lamb was good but not great. Could have used another few hours in the bath or on the smoker. Wasn't horribly tough, but a tad on the chewy side. Chicken was delicious!

Thanks for lookin!

"3T light oil
2T minced Flat Leaf Parsley
1T minced Mint
1t Lemon zest
1/2t finely minced Garlic
Mix well in small bowl and chill.
This serves two generously, three sparingly."

Awesome!! Thank you so much!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky