Lamb bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooker613

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 12, 2017
Arizona
I’ve read about some fancy-pants chefs in NYC making bacon from boneless lamb breast. As a non-pork eater, this intrigues me. Has anyone here done this? Looking any hints, tips, tricks, directions to do this at home. Have a XL kamado joe.
Thanks

I’ve read about some fancy-pants chefs in NYC making bacon from boneless lamb breast. As a non-pork eater, this intrigues me. Has anyone here done this? Looking any hints, tips, tricks, directions to do this at home. Have a XL kamado joe.
Thanks
Hi there and welcome!

I haven't done this but I would treat it just like pork bacon. The major difference I see is that you may have to cut the breast away from the ribs... or maybe just remove the ribs individually and go from there.

Also if you want to take a lamb butt roast and try buckboard bacon that may be similar option for you to try.

If you decide to give this a shot I'm all in to see how it goes down :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky