Keto, the time has come, long over due really.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I will second the intermittent fasting. I have been doing it for a few years with good results. Keto certainly has its place, but I would talk to your doc before heading down that path. Best of luck getting the information you are looking for…

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
Good for you!

It doesn't work for everyone, but I am glad you had success. I have been on and off of it a few times, and been successful even when it is lazy keto. The siren call of flour in its many forms (bread, pastry, thickening agent, on and on...), popcorn, and sugar in my coffee -- these are the things that are a tripping hazard in my keto journeys.

Our daughter has been visiting and is not keto, so we willingly joined her, but she is returning to the UK in a couple of days. So, between her departure and knowing it is time to Keto again, I was happy to see an update on the success you have been having. A positive message to all who are thinking of doing it.

Jason
After the 3rd month of doing Keto, I would eat a bag of microwave popcorn a few nights a week without it throwing me out of ketosis.
Are you sure it's the popcorn? I'm doing lazy keto now with a halfass'd cheat meal once a week. I still haven't had bread or real pasta yet. But I haven't been losing any more weight, I need to crack down again, to reach my 75 lb loss goal.

Good for you, go for it!!!

I feel so much better mentally and physically because of the weight loss. I'm not content with my weight yet though, I still want to lose 12 to 15more lbs.

Reactions: Payton
Congrats Dan that's quite an accomplishment!
And encouraging to us that need to try it out !
The wife has been on WW due to HBP and cholesterol issues and I need to try your style to live longer!

Keith
Keith, go for it, you will be amazed how quickly the first 20 to 30 lbs come off, then it slows down quite a bit, at least it did for me. Buy the blood testing kit from amazon, and test yourself every other day for the first month, that way you know how to stay in the keto zone. I was losing weight even when my numbers were 0.07 but tried to keep them at 0.08 to 1.00 , it was hard for me to keep them at 1.00, I had to be super strict with my meal plan.

Reactions: 912smoker
Well, it's still coming off slowly, but surely.
Started off in size 3XL tee shirts now XL shirts are almost too loose.
I never thought that I could do this, if I can, anybody can...just do it!!!

I started out doing Keto 11 months ago, now I just eat low carb, not no carb. I eat carbs but only once a week, maybe twice a week on special occasions.

Total weight loss to date is: 72LBS and still going!!!
My blood sugar, cholesterol, and B.P. are all 100% normal and have been since the first 25lbs that I lost. My last Dr appointment was awesome, my Dr is not overly friendly most of the time, she's a great DR though. The last appointment, something changed in her demeanor. The first thing she said when she walked into the exam room was,
"OH MY GOD, YOU LOOK AMAZING, STAND UP AND GIVE ME A HUG"

That made my day, week, month, year maybe...it really meant a lot to me.

If you think you need to lose some weight, you do...just DO IT, It's not as hard as you think, if you put your mind to it, you'll do it.

I couldn't have done it without all of y'all's help and support.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Thanks for reading.
God Bless!!!!
Dan.

Well, it's still coming off slowly, but surely.
Started off in size 3XL tee shirts now XL shirts are almost too loose.
I never thought that I could do this, if I can, anybody can...just do it!!!

I started out doing Keto 11 months ago, now I just eat low carb, not no carb. I eat carbs but only once a week, maybe twice a week on special occasions.

Total weight loss to date is: 72LBS and still going!!!
My blood sugar, cholesterol, and B.P. are all 100% normal and have been since the first 25lbs that I lost. My last Dr appointment was awesome, my Dr is not overly friendly most of the time, she's a great DR though. The last appointment, something changed in her demeanor. The first thing she said when she walked into the exam room was,
"OH MY GOD, YOU LOOK AMAZING, STAND UP AND GIVE ME A HUG"

That made my day, week, month, year maybe...it really meant a lot to me.

If you think you need to lose some weight, you do...just DO IT, It's not as hard as you think, if you put your mind to it, you'll do it.

I couldn't have done it without all of y'all's help and support.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Thanks for reading.
God Bless!!!!
Dan.
Well done sir, keep up the good work.

Reactions: forktender
Thanks a lot guys, I feel human once again.

It has been a wild ride, I ain't ever going back, this has been life changing.

God Bless.
Dan.

I don't know beans about chemo but here is a soup recipe. Eat all you want. It takes more calories to digest it that's in it. It works.

Diet Soup

1 big bottle of low sodium V8 juice

1 big bag of mixed frozen vegetables

1 bag of Angel Hair shredded cabbage

1 big can of diced tomato’s

Dried red pepper for heat to taste (I use 40 shakes)

Half a v8 bottle of water

Cook down until it’s thick and condensed. Refrigerates well for about a week.

To serve Add 2/3 soup and 1/3 water. Microwave on medium to heat (otherwise the corn explodes and gets all over your microwave)

Guys

Work Christmas party was yesterday and, this morning, the scale told me to get on this thread and declare my "Fatty McFatty" intentions to join forktender forktender and get the weight off.

I am looking to lose 10 pounds....maybe 15 depending on how the clothes fit. Immediate goals are 2 pounds this coming week and then a pound or so per week until goal.

Cheers!

Ed

P.S. I am not new to this as I lost 75 pounds in 18 months about 10 years ago and kept it off for many years. Time to get back on that horse!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky