Keto, the time has come, long over due really.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife has the Keto routine down and is happy.
Give yourself some leeway, phase into it View attachment 516961and exercise is important.
My way to phase in that worked for me and many friends us to cut all the carbs immediately but nothing to watch calories at all the first couple weeks to month. Just focus on keeping carbs below 25 net carbs and eat until you are full. Once you get the no carb stuff down you can ratchet the calories down to deficit. That works for many. As I said in an earlier post though different things work for different folks.

As a type 2 diabetic, I really watch the carbs since February I am down 35lbs and dropped my A1C from 9.8 to 6. I generally eat nothing till 3.30, have a protein/low carb shake. exercise and eat a good dinner about 7pm. I also drink about 80 OZ of water per day (put Mio flavoring in it).

Carbquick is good for a quick fix of cheddar rolls, pizza crust and pancakes.
Walmart carries a selection of the Ghughes bbq sauces, they also carry keto bread, hamburger and hotdog rolls that are pretty decent.
I use a lot of riced cauliflower and make cauliflower mashed often. Spaghetti squash to sub as a pasta and sometimes use dream fields brand past as well.
When I make gyros and fajitas I usually just put it over salad instead of a pita or tortilla.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Oh wow I almost forgot about this for pasta!!!
You can't go wild with it but it is the best and closest thing to real pasta for italian type dishes.
1637601558253.png

They are sold at Aldi directly and you can buy online if needed.

It's mostly protein as it is made from soybean, taste just like pasta and is always an al dente pasta texture. Don't mind the colors it all taste like pasta, just add a little salt when boiling.

ALSO boils up in like 4 minutes!!!!

If doing strict keto you can get away with like 1/4 of a box in a day and have some net carbs to spare but it will eat up a good chunk of net carbs.

If just reducing carbs then these will be AWESOME. The shiritaki rice and noodles are like no calories and no net carbs but some people don't want to fool with it or match texture with the kind of dish.

This pasta is a DIRECT REPLACEMENT for normal pasta.

You can't go wild with it but it is the best and closest thing to real pasta for italian type dishes.
View attachment 517044

It's mostly protein as it is made from soybean, taste just like pasta and is always an al dente pasta texture. Don't mind the colors it all taste like pasta, just add a little salt when boiling.

If doing strict keto you can get away with like 1/4 of a box in a day and have some net carbs to spare but it will eat up a good chunk of net carbs.

If just reducing carbs then these will be AWESOME. The shiritaki rice and noodles are like no calories and no net carbs but some people don't want to fool with it or match texture with the kind of dish.

And I was just in there. Good info. Next time will look. I go often for the frozen mussels.

Reactions: forktender
And I was just in there. Good info. Next time will look. I go often for the frozen mussels.

Yeah check them out! I believe the green is the lowest calorie and net carb. But all of them are like within 1 net carb and like 30 calories of each other per serving if I remember correctly.

I always forget I have them because I have a ton of the shiritaki rice.

View attachment 517044

I’ll have to check these out. I always passed them up as I assumed the net carbs were really high. I’m about to order black soybeans from Vitacost again!! So happy you mentioned that as they are so much cheaper there.

I’ll have to check these out. I always passed them up as I assumed the net carbs were really high. I’m about to order black soybeans from Vitacost again!! So happy you mentioned that as they are so much cheaper there.

That simply organic brand is 7gm net carbs per serving which is about 1/4 of a box.

Oh yeah, Vitacost is awesome! I have yet to order the canned black soybeans but I had been going to down on the Soymerica dry ones... until I started making yogurt in the instant pot.
I need to get another pot and set of rings so I can do both the black soybeans and the yogurt without any delays haha.

I use the FairLife brand of milk to do my 24hr yogurt. It has the lowest carbs and calories.
I don't have direct nutrition for my 24hr yogurt but all indicators are that all or almost all of the sugars should be fermented away at that period so it is keto yogurt that kicks the crap out of anything you can get at the store that is low/now carb and low calorie.
I sweeten with erythriol and use Lorrannes flavor oils or vanilla extra/imitation for flavor :)

Man there are actually quite a few people on here doing keto or at least low carb. It could support it’s own section lol. If nothing else we should start a living keto thread and pin all our keto posts links in it.

I totally agree with you.
I participated with a study by the University of Michigan regarding a keto diet and lowerd my A1c to 5.3from 5.9. I lost 40lbs in a year, and ate like a pig. Now with the Aunt Mille's keto bread products, it will be a lot more easier to make up meals.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you.
I participated with a study by the University of Michigan regarding a keto diet and lowerd my A1c to 5.3from 5.9. I lost 40lbs in a year, and ate like a pig. Now with the Aunt Mille's keto bread products, it will be a lot more easier to make up meals.
Nice! My BiL was able to do that as well and avoid medication so far.

Reactions: ronf and forktender
I forgot to mention something earlier. An essential component of weight loss is to eat slowly and fully chew your food. Folks who wolf down their meals truly get full before their mind registers being full and then they feel bloated afterward. Just slowing down on the speed you eat at will automatically cut down on calorie intake.

My cousin is a boxer and when he points out I’m overweight he says “If you don’t put it in, you don’t put it on!”
i listened.
I still ate what I liked just reduced the portions by a lot over time, let my food settLe before grabbing something else.

I also walk Preferably after a meal. That bit of exercise makes a difference to me, gets blood moving.

This a really good video why a calorie restriction diet does not work for most people. It one of his video's that got me going. My doctor sent me to this lady. This one of the video's she had me watch along with Dr Jason Fung

Is he suggesting not to eat for 5-10 days? I wish he went into more of the intermittant fasting and spent less time explaining why normal methods do not work.

No he just trying explain what happens. This is mostly for why regular diets don't work. He has other ones for Intermittent fasting as well as Dr Fung. I do the 18/6 which is 18 hours a day no eating during the week days. Lost 40 and kept it off. Everyone differant and have to find what works for you. He does have a ton of videos that explains how your body works. I learned so much on why and how things work in your body. I do long fast though for something called autophagy. It has greatly improved my memory. I though I was getting that dreaded disease my dad had but now not having more problems. Insulin is a storage hormone and really effects a lot of things. It suppresses a lot of other hormones when active including your growth hormone which tells your body to use fat for fuel. There is a long of new studies out there but you have to watch and decide for yourself what to believe.

Last edited:
No he just trying explain what happens. This is mostly for why regular diets don't work. He has other ones for Intermittent fasting as well as Dr Fung. I do the 18/6 which is 18 hours a day no eating during the week days. Lost 40 and kept it off. Everyone differant and have to find what works for you. He does have a ton of videos that explains how your body works. I learned so much on why and how things work in your body. I do long fast though for something called autophagy. It has greatly improved my memory. I though I was getting that dreaded disease my dad had but now not having more problems. Insulin is a storage hormone and really effects a lot of things. It suppresses a lot of other hormones when active including your growth hormone which tells your body to use fat for fuel. There is a long of new studies out there but you have to watch and decide for yourself what to believe.
I don't eat anything until 3.30 in the afternoon and generally don't eat after dinner (just drinking alcohal). what is the long fast you do and how often.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky