Just some homemade wieners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
DDD18ED2-C0C1-45DE-B38C-162546E1B8A8.jpeg

These are delicious. Hope to encourage more of you to make them. I use the same recipe, basically, for these and frankfurter and 5” bologna. It is delicious. These are in lamb casing. Cleaning out the freezer. Have a new emulsifier coming in the mail. Going to do a lot more dogs this fall.

Man those look great!

You know, I have tried about 4 different recipes and for me nothing comes close to the LEM's Backwoods Cured Franks seasoning.
If you ever get your hands on a 5 pound seasoning pack and compare it vs yours I'd love to know what you think of it :)

Man those look great!

You know, I have tried about 4 different recipes and for me nothing comes close to the LEM's Backwoods Cured Franks seasoning.
If you ever get your hands on a 5 pound seasoning pack and compare it vs yours I'd love to know what you think of it :)
Be interesting for sure. These are Coney Island stupid good.

Reactions: tallbm
Man you are tempting me to defrost some of mine and grill them hahaha. My dinner was a little skimpy so I could definitely go for a couple of links with mustard right now :)
Yes Sir. Fabulous sausage.

Man you are tempting me to defrost some of mine and grill them hahaha. My dinner was a little skimpy so I could definitely go for a couple of links with mustard right now :)
They look really good, nice work !
Man those look off the hook good!! I know I’d eat eat to many haha.
Thank you guys. I was just cleaning the freezer and discovered these and knew I was roasting them for supper. I have one of those Champion juicers coming in the next couple days which will make the emulsifying much easier. Will make more.

Looks real good . Beef and pork ?
I use Weiner sausage seasoning from TSM . I like the Lamb casings . What size are they ?

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Those look Mighty Tasty from the Bear's Den!!
Yummm---Love me some Homemade Dogs!!
Like.

Bear

These are pork.
Ok . 2 guesses in 2 days , wrong both times .
First ones I did I added some phosphate at about 1/2 the rate . Used skinless 25 mm casings .
Gonna open up a vac pack of pork cushion today . I just might revisit a small batch . I have sheep casings too . I think 22 mm .

Looks good. I'm interested in how the Juicer Emulsifies the meat...JJ

Per 1 kg of pork final grind 1/8” plate. Season then emulsify.
Salt- 18g
Cure #1- 2.5g
sugar- 2.0g
granulated garlic- 1.5g
onion powder- 1.5g
white pepper- 1.5g
erythorbate- 0.7g
phosphate- 4.0g

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Looks good. I'm interested in how the Juicer Emulsifies the meat...JJ
The Champion juicer is what is used, it a masticating juicer, was designed in the 50’s and hasn’t been changed. Look it up on YouTube. Makes a perfect emulsion of ground meat. And much better than a food processor and much more practical than a bowl cutter in the kitchen.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Great looking hot dogs... Some info for ya, I have made hotdogs with pork and beef, some more pork than beef and some more beef than pork and IMO just using pork alone
was the best. You can add some uncured pork fatback with the skin off to the pork at 30%. The juicer will do a great job.

Boykjo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky