Just some homemade wieners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like my dogs with mustard, ketchup, and onions. But I think I'd eat those right off the fire, no buns or anything. Looks darn good.

Jim

Reactions: SmokinEdge
They look awesome!!
Al
Thanks much Al
Great looking hot dogs... Some info for ya, I have made hotdogs with pork and beef, some more pork than beef and some more beef than pork and IMO just using pork alone
was the best. You can add some uncured pork fatback with the skin off to the pork at 30%. The juicer will do a great job.

Boykjo
Thank you Boykjo, I have to agree straight pork is our preference too. I am anxious to receive the juicer and blank plate. We really enjoy our hotdogs, ring bologna and bologna chubs, but emulsifying was such a PITA.

Yup ,,, right off the camp fire cooked with a stick . Little bit of char and some ash from the wood coals . That'd be a meal from my childhood . Might even have to drop one on the ground and pick it up . One thousand one ,,,
Is it even cooked if it doesnt have a little dirt and grass on it?
Jim

Reactions: chopsaw
Those dogs look fantastic. Love the grill shot, great char on them. Got me drooling and hungry as heck now. Going to google that juicer, I need to learn to make
these hotdogs!! Like!

Those look great!

Was the Champion really worth it? HUGE weisswurst fan and thought for sure I would make the plunge too but honestly I'm happy with a double grind @ 1/8". THANKS for the recipe, I bookmarked.

Those look great!

Was the Champion really worth it? HUGE weisswurst fan and thought for sure I would make the plunge too but honestly I'm happy with a double grind @ 1/8". THANKS for the recipe, I bookmarked.
For what I do, no less than 10# batches, the juicer is a huge time saver and the texture is worth it to me over the double grind 1/8” plate, but to each his own. I’ll be firing up here shortly for more.
Here is a link to my first run with the Champion.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/dogs-and-ring.309836/

Reactions: zwiller
What is this? I'm interested...
Click on my link in my post #29
It’s a specific juicer called “Champion” made and designed in the 50’s built like a tank, still made today and hasn’t been Chinafied.

Those look great!

Well worth it...... :emoji_thumbsup:

One question on the Champion juicers, ive had bad luck buying used equipment, im looking at the champion 2000 juicer , are these models the same quality? They market them as home use, that sometimes means "cheaper quality " They are half the cost of a commercial model, are they half the quality?

Any insight is awesome
Corey

To my knowledge the Champion 2000 (classic) is just as it was durability wise 60 years ago. They haven’t changed. I will post a link to their page. 1/3 hp motor, extra copper windings, continuous duty motor. These things are tanks. I bought mine used to save a little cash, but nothing wrong with new. Make sure you order the “blank plate” with it. This goes in place of the screen on the bottom side of the juicer to block that outlet and force the meat through the spout at the end. Here is the link.

https://championjuicer.com/the-original-champion-classic-2000/

Reactions: zwiller
To my knowledge the Champion 2000 (classic) is just as it was durability wise 60 years ago. They haven’t changed. I will post a link to their page. 1/3 hp motor, extra copper windings, continuous duty motor. These things are tanks. I bought mine used to save a little cash, but nothing wrong with new. Make sure you order the “blank plate” with it. This goes in place of the screen on the bottom side of the juicer to block that outlet and force the meat through the spout at the end. Here is the link.

Thank for the info. Good thing im not in a rush to buy one,nobody has them. Even Champion shows no stock. Oh well. Double grinding works as well.

Corey

Thanks for that. I did not understand the use of the blank plate but now do.

Bunch on FB Marketplace near me for $100-$150.

Any guess to how much loss there would be processing small runs of say 2.2lb/1Kg? Also, sounds like provided a good cleaning we are not ruining the thing for juicing by feeding meat through it?

Any guess to how much loss there would be processing small runs of say 2.2lb/1Kg?
If you mean going through the juicer? Not much loss at all. I’m fixing to do two 1kg batches today for ring sized franks with cheese.

Also, sounds like provided a good cleaning we are not ruining the thing for juicing by feeding meat through it?
Not sure I understand this question???

If you mean going through the juicer? Not much loss at all. I’m fixing to do two 1kg batches today for ring sized franks with cheese.

Not sure I understand this question???
Cool no loss. My bad. Can you still use it for juicing after or does it become a dedicated emulsifier? Seems like you could clean it and put the screen back in to juice but still not sure how this works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky