Just finished my first Ribs and my first Wicked Beans!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nutt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fort Collins Colorado
First of all.....Thank you to all the all wise ones of SMF! (And not just for this meal but for the education and all the meals) Really everyone who has written a rib thread, I’ve read so many. And Dutch and everyone who has contributed to his Wicked Baked Bean thread! Particularly those of you who did peach instead of pineapple in the beans(I can’t eat pineapple).

Ok on to the proof that I did it :-)

Now mind you I have never enjoyed eating ribs hence the reason I have never wanted to smoke any. Well that bleak dark period in my life is over folks!! Today I stepped into the light of enjoying my smoker even more!

Now I just need something bigger to do the job at hand! I have known I wanted a REAL offset(now using a duo) but today showed me I can’t do JACK on this thing! I wanted to do ribs, beans and smashed potatoes but something had to give.....so the potatoes got the boot.

Clarification...the potatoes were cooked but not smoked and I accidentally killed my corn cuz had too much going on, absolutely nuked the husks! Corn was mush...was home alone and things just got out of hand :-(

That's a great lookin plate of food right there .
LOL , yeah , more dangerous to leave me home , than take me out ,,, lol

Reactions: drdon
Ribs, wine, beans and taters. Looks like you hit it out of the park. Congratulations and welcome to a new Enlightened world.
Don

Thanks guys! The ribs were juicy cuz I left the the membrane on(I guess?) and then threw it on the smokin hot grill like Al said on his thread so that’s was easy but it freaked me out cuz I closed the lid for just a sec...opened it up and flames were everywhere!! I guess the fat was just going nuts along with the membrane? Anyways super easy! I tried to remove raw and maybe there’s a secret but it was a pain.

I took my mother in law to a rib joint a few weeks ago and paid $40 for 2 plates, mine are better according to my wife(and she tells it like it is no matter how bad it hurts!....shhhhh I didn’t tell you that! :-)

Reactions: chopsaw and drdon
Chopsaw funny you say that, my neighbors 2 places down from us txt me anytime I’m smoking something saying it smells good down at their place!

Side note about the beans, I roasted my bell pepper and jalapeño with a torch before combining with other ingredients. Don’t really know what affect it had overall since this is my first attempt.

Looks great!! Congrats in advance on purchase of an offset to join the multi cooker addicted crowd :)

Chopsaw funny you say that, my neighbors 2 places down from us txt me anytime I’m smoking something saying it smells good down at their place!

LOL ,,, pretty standard if you're doing it right . Nice job .

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky