Just discovered Lil Butcher Shoppe Pineapple Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SherryT

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2017
Crawford AL
Where, oh WHERE, has this stuff been hiding! The sausage I bought is called "Sweet Fire" and contains pineapple, jalapenos, and syrup and is absolutely WONDERFUL!

So, being the make-your-own kind of person I am, off to Google I go and, wouldn't you know it, I ended up right back here after finding 2 Guys/cooler video crediting indaswamp for his recipe.

DEFINITELY on my gotta-do-it list! Thanks indaswamp!

Just sharing...as you were!

I had a bad experience many years back making a pork-pineapple sausage. Made such a mess I vowed never to attempt it again. Pineapple softens meat, sure didn't do much for using natural hog casings, just sayin' RAY

I had a bad experience many years back making a pork-pineapple sausage. Made such a mess I vowed never to attempt it again. Pineapple softens meat, sure didn't do much for using natural hog casings, just sayin' RAY

From what I'm reading, the key is neutralizing the enzyme (bromelain) in the pineapple (and the acidity...not sure yet about acidity).

Still wrapping my head around it all...who'd have thought there were SO many possible variables that can make/break a sausage!

If you follow that formula from Keith you'll be fine . I think that was the end result of some tweaking .
Ray's right though . Just adding pineapple will or can result in mush .

I get a pineapple teriyaki link here . It's a fresh grilling sausage . It's really good .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky