Chili And Cheese Smothered Sausage Burrito...OMG! (Pcs)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another great idea! They look good enough for me to copy ;-)
And hang on to that "Man Card". I haven't cooked outside in almost a month.....
The kind words are very much appreciated. I am honored that you found it worthy of replicating.

Robert

Man that looks great. Gonna have to hang onto this one for a quick dinner idea. And those flavors are right down bryces alley!
Thanks Jim!! Glad you like the concept. Was quick, easy, and very good.

Robert

Nice!

Sometimes things just work out great when you're in a pinch and this is one of those times!
I agree 100%. Kinda weird that just scrounging through the pantry this came together the way it did. We were happy though.

Robert

I'm not much on the hormel BUT there is nothing wrong with a "Burrito de perro salchicha sin bollo."

ya gotta fancy it up with a Mexicany sounding name ;)

One question - where in the heck are the Frito's????

Hook me up to an IV bag of that cheese if I get sick tonight!
We tend to keep a couple cans of the Hormel around to doctor up for chili dogs. Nothing really fancy or even Mexican about this except for the "burrito" concept but I like the name...whatever it translates to :emoji_laughing: Frito's? Nope. Not gonna find them around here, sorry. I know some folks love them but us...not so much. I do have to agree with you about the cheese sauce :emoji_wink:

Robert

That's one heck of a punt there, Robert!! I don't know how I missed this, but what a kicking leg you have!! It is said that necessity is the mother of invention, nice invention..
Thanks so much for the kind words my friend. No doubt, I was in a punting situation and needed to invent something. Either that or starve :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Simple, quick, and delicious Robert. Right up my alley. Nicely done.
Thank you Chris and you are correct on all counts. Was good enough to do again a couple nights ago using leftover NY Strip steak.

Robert

Great Idea. These are Hot and Spicy Brats split & browned. added 3 cheese & onions then a little chili with beans. Wrapped them in foil and stuck them in the fridge. Shells are lightly oiled We'll top them with cheese and a maybe a touch of sour cream when they finish. Plan is to do them in the kamado on a pizza clay.
Always fun to try something new.
WOW!! Those look fantastic. Might be a bit of a struggle rolling them up if you're going burrito style but that would make one heck of a taco :emoji_laughing: Again, I am honored that you found the meal worthy of giving a shot.

Robert

It’s a unique and fun concept, that worked! To me, the fun ones that are put together out of the ordinary are more incredible than the more standard cooks!
You sir are 100% correct. I actually tend to do more shoot-from-the-hip meals than planned or themed meals. It's just fun to put something new together. Most times it seems to work but sometimes....well we wind up ordering out for pizza :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
I'm with you on that Robert . I like a good steak, but a great sausage is more my style for that kind of dish.
4 thumbs up ( mine and Mona's hands ) lol
The steak version was good and probably would have appreciated it more if it had been done first. Was a hard act to follow though coming behind that sausage. Truth be told, the steak version would have been better with more steak in the tort, do away with the chili, and just top with the cheese sauce.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
You are right, It was hard to keep them closed. Next time I'll buy a larger tortilla. That is why they got foil wrapped.

The ugly/sloppy food is usually the best. IMO
You'll get no arguments from me. As noted, I seem to be on a run of doing sloppy meals recently and another one last night. Totally different concept but still a plateful of food with no recognizable theme.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky