July 4 Seafood Boil!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Decided to give the smokers a rest yesterday and get out the king kooker propane burner!

Wave 1 was burgers and dogs on the grill for the people who don't like seafood and spices. Even stuffed a couple sweet peppers and Jalapenos with goat cheese and grilled them up.
Boil4.jpg

Boil5.jpg

Boil6.jpg

Now for the good stuff. Shrimp, Crab Legs, Red Potatoes, Sausage, Corn, Garlic, and a little something I like to throw in mine...Fresh Jalapenos and Mushrooms
Boil1.jpg

Boil2.jpg

Boil3.jpg

Got the 50 qt pot going. Straight Old Bay Seasoning, Fresh Lemons, and 3 cans of Budweiser
Boil7.jpg

Boil8.jpg

And the finished shots...had to do in 2 different waves there was so much!
Boil9.jpg

Boil10.jpg

Boil11.jpg

No plates just paper towels, hot sauce, and everyone standing around the table feasting! Drank some cold ones, got stuffed on all this food, then blew up a bunch of fireworks!
Happy 4th of July!

OMG!!
That Looks Freaking Awesome!!:)
Thinking you ought to move to PA !!!
No signs here saying "Please do not feed the Bears"!!!
Nice Job, Great Time!!
Like.

Bear

Great looking spread SVF, and I really mean spread.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks for all the compliments guys I appreciate it!

Its always a good time doing this and really the prep is the part that takes the longest. Once the water is boiling you are cooking for maybe 20-25 minutes. And cleaning up involves wrapping up all the newspaper on the table and throwing it in the garbage can. Cant beat it!

Smokin, I have to ask. Do you ever get an imprint of part of the newspaper on any of the food - kinda like when kids press silly-putty over a comic?

Chris

Smokin, I have to ask. Do you ever get an imprint of part of the newspaper on any of the food - kinda like when kids press silly-putty over a comic?

Chris

Honestly Chris it doesn’t make a bit of difference. It might just be a southern redneck thing to dump it on a table and eat like cavemen but it works great and the newspaper soaks up all the soppy mess! You gotta try it!

Now there is a proper boil goin on!
Sorry to be so late to the party, I was harvesting Rock Crabs in Puget Sound.
Ima lookin, and Ima watchin, got me some Louisiana Crayfish, Shrimp, and Crab boil ready ina package. 4.5 pounds.
But trying to decide on my size of a boil. I think I have about the same amount of crab, although smaller halves. The reds are more built like my wife, small and strong. Not long and willowy like the daughter in law.
Yours looks to be:
A dozen cobblets, what 5-10 pounds red tatters, 2 pounds sausage, 1 big package of mushrooms, hold the jalapenos,
And a 24 of PBR. Maybe 2 boxes... ;)
Yeah, I have a bunch of anti crabby babies here. Well, anti fish. But they like shrimp. :confused:o_O
I'd like to do it myself, but no pot. :mad:
I have a 6 quart I got up North and used to steam the catches. Holds about 6 crabs for steaming. (12 halves of legs and body meat) But doing 8 halves was easier for me.
Your serve looks just like my cousin Victor did for us hooters after his Mom's wake at the ranch. Skunky swap meet beer, a bonfire, laughter, memories, and dumped on a table to pick, eat, and enjoy! He did a sack of Crawdad's, damn they were good too!
How much shrimp went in? No shot of that. Is that a secret ingredient? o_O
Clue a first timer in, Please. :D

Now there is a proper boil goin on!
Sorry to be so late to the party, I was harvesting Rock Crabs in Puget Sound.
Ima lookin, and Ima watchin, got me some Louisiana Crayfish, Shrimp, and Crab boil ready ina package. 4.5 pounds.
But trying to decide on my size of a boil. I think I have about the same amount of crab, although smaller halves. The reds are more built like my wife, small and strong. Not long and willowy like the daughter in law.
Yours looks to be:
A dozen cobblets, what 5-10 pounds red tatters, 2 pounds sausage, 1 big package of mushrooms, hold the jalapenos,
And a 24 of PBR. Maybe 2 boxes... ;)
Yeah, I have a bunch of anti crabby babies here. Well, anti fish. But they like shrimp. :confused:o_O
I'd like to do it myself, but no pot. :mad:
I have a 6 quart I got up North and used to steam the catches. Holds about 6 crabs for steaming. (12 halves of legs and body meat) But doing 8 halves was easier for me.
Your serve looks just like my cousin Victor did for us hooters after his Mom's wake at the ranch. Skunky swap meet beer, a bonfire, laughter, memories, and dumped on a table to pick, eat, and enjoy! He did a sack of Crawdad's, damn they were good too!
How much shrimp went in? No shot of that. Is that a secret ingredient? o_O
Clue a first timer in, Please. :D

First off yes start with 2 boxes of PBR. Gotta get in the right mindset before you begin:

Dump some PBR in with the water, cut two whole lemons in half drop them in, and I added about a can and a half of old bay per pot(50 qt pot)

Per pot(there were 2 of them) it was about 3 pounds of shrimp, 2 pounds crab legs, 1.5 pounds of sausage, 3 ears of corn(cut in half), a sack of red potatoes, a pound or so of shrooms, and a few jalapenos.

I encourage you to try the jalapeno's...it gives them wonderful flavor and they aren't as spicy as you would think.

Sounds like you need to convince the old lady to let you get a bigger pot!

Reactions: SonnyE
Smokin
Man that looks so good...another finger food group (in my opinion)...ya craws are good to, but nothing wrong with your boil....love the way it is done in the south...dump in center of table and let the feeding frenzy begin...like!
Oh and another thing great about meals like this....usually there is no lack of good ole bs...

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky