July 4th Seafood boil round 2 w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Last year decided to give the smokers a rest and do something different for the 4th. Normally we only do seafood boils on vacation and every once in awhile but this went over so well last year decided to do it again.

Prepping everything up. Burgers and dogs for the non-seafood people and kids
J41.jpg

Firing up the pot. Lemons Budweiser Old Bay and Zatarain's
J42.jpg

J43.jpg

Sausage Corn Red Potatoes Onions Jalapeno's Mushrooms Garlic Bulbs Shrimp and Crab Legs
J44.jpg

Getting close
J45.jpg

Round 1
J46.jpg

J47.jpg

J48.jpg

Round 2
J49.jpg

J410.jpg

Wont bore you with the burgers dogs and sides. Dump this stuff on a table covered in newspaper and chow down! Stuffed ourselves and blew up fireworks for the next two hours. Happy 4th! Thanks for looking.

I guess the post office lost my invitation to this. That's a great looking boil smokin! Hope you had a great 4th! Go Vols!

Hmmmm... Leftovers from a boil, never had that bonus benefit.
I'd probably lightly steam it.

Light steam sounds better than the oven. I usually don't have the benefit of leftovers either but had a few big eaters not show up I was expecting.

Dang that looks fabulous. Great job Vol.

That one set of crab legs looks like a skeleton of a hand. Think of the posing possibilities.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
That boil looks awesome! I’ve always wanted to do this or to be invited to one, it’s one of my weird bucket list items that I wanted to do.

As for leftovers, do you have enough crab to pick for crab cakes? Or possibly make an omelette of crab and sausage with homefries on the side.

Like!

Dang that looks fabulous. Great job Vol.

That one set of crab legs looks like a skeleton of a hand. Think of the posing possibilities.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Yeah that was an interesting bunch of crab legs. Wish we could get that fresh stuff off the boat y’all get up there!

John

That boil looks awesome! I’ve always wanted to do this or to be invited to one, it’s one of my weird bucket list items that I wanted to do.

As for leftovers, do you have enough crab to pick for crab cakes? Or possibly make an omelette of crab and sausage with homefries on the side.

Like!

Thanks! You gotta try it. If you have a pot big enough I promise you can’t screw it up. Crab legs get a little pricey but other than that it’s not too bad cost wise. Or better yet come on down south and we will get some crawfish too!

Funny you said that my wife actually picked all the crab meat we had left and used it in a salad.

Appreciate the like!

John

Thanks Chris! Yeah that was an interesting bunch of crab legs. Wish we could get that fresh stuff off the boat y’all get up there!

John

Believe me you don't - REPEAT DON'T want any crabs harvested from VT. You'll either have to shave all your hair off or buy a special shampoo. :emoji_astonished::emoji_wink::emoji_blush:

Chris

Believe me you don't - REPEAT DON'T want any crabs harvested from VT. You'll either have to shave all your hair off or buy a special shampoo. :emoji_astonished::emoji_wink::emoji_blush:

Chris

Oh No, Not the Army way!!

Tools needed:
Shaver
Lighter fluid
Match
Ice Pick

Bear

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky