Jerky help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WV_Crusader

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 15, 2014
Triadelphia, WV
So I have always made jerky from the premix packets of 5lbs ground to the pre-measured cure and season packets in the dehydrator but never whole meat smoked.

anyone have a link or care to elaborate on how to make whole meat jerky on the pellet grill?
I have a GMG Daniel Boone Choice WiFi.

thanks in advance!

Reactions: Will Squared
Heck yeah! get an eye of the round and cut it about 1/4" thick. I usually cut them lengthwise and then slice against the grain. I have tried many packed seasoning most were meh. I have used Dales marinade over night - not bad. But my fav is OFG jerky

In that thread I made an excel file to calculate the quantities for you based on the pounds of meat.

I do mine in my Rec Tec Pellet grill. 180 (or low high smoke) for 2 or so hours then to 225 to dryness of liking. the meat will dry a smidge more as it cools. It takes some practice. if you undershoot the dryness a quick trip to the oven will fix. if you overshoot it it can be "crispy?". no t sure that can be fixed.

if you search he forum for OFG Jerky there are a few threads on it. its great!

Let us know how it goes!

I'll add slicing the meat slightly frozen makes slices more even and easier. If you have an electric meat slicer use that.

Reactions: WV_Crusader
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky