I've Been A Good Boy So Mommy Said To Order Some Beef (1 Pic)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
And I did. A few weeks ago I decided to go ahead and cook a tenderloin, which I'd not done for 15 years or more. It was exquisite!! Both of us agreed that this is a cut that needs to be available all the time in the freezer. Here is the thread I posted which inspired this order: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...erloin-best-meal-ever-long-lotsa-pics.313424/ These were delivered yesterday and I am totally in awe. Cannot wait to get these broken down and ready to cook.

43 pounds of whole beef tenderloins
008.jpg

I'm gonna have some fun with these!!

Robert

That’s a lot of beautiful beef! Hard to beat a good filet. You’ll have plenty of tips for meals from the trim too.

That looks awesome! I don't think I've been that good lol!

Ryan

That is awesome!

Thanks so much.With the wife being the Minister of Finance as well as being supportive, it makes a big difference.

Wow.....43# of beef tenderloin? Did I read that right?

Yes sir Keith. You did in fact read that correctly.There are a lot of great benefits ordering from CPB wholesale but the one drawback is that I have to buy in quantity. I can's get one or two roasts. They have set amounts per order for every cut and that's what you have to get.

Holy meat sweats! Those look incredible. Can’t wait to see the results.

Thanks. I cannot wait to taste the results :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: indaswamp
That’s a lot of beautiful beef! Hard to beat a good filet. You’ll have plenty of tips for meals from the trim too.

I used to think that the tenderloin was not such a great cut as far as flavor goes, just tender. Well, CPB proved me wrong!!

Oh man, so jealous! You are a lucky man.

Thanks Dave but here is the truth. Beef comprises most of our menu along with a little pork. No chicken, no seafood, no lamb. Tracy understands how difficult it is for me to create a varied menu so we aren't eating the same thing over and over so she gives me a lot of flexibility to keep different cuts in the freezer to work with.

That looks awesome! I don't think I've been that good lol!

Well you better straighten up Ryan!! Stop being a naughty little boy and see what good stuff happens :emoji_wink:

Robert

I believe the technical term for that many tenderloins is “herd.” Used properly in a sentence: “That is a beautiful herd of tenderloins you have on your countertop.” Haha!

And today's English lesson is....:emoji_laughing: At least with this herd I don't have to feed them, they will feed me so although accurate, your lesson has a different connotation in this context :emoji_wink:

WOW! Nice bunch of meat Robert!

Thanks Steve. got a couple more chores to wrap up today and gonna start breaking them down.

Man Robert. I thought I had a problem but you take it to a whole level! Going to be some good eats.

Well Brian, the only problem is that 5 freezers isn't enough :emoji_laughing: I have to wait to order something I want until I've made room in one of the freezers so there is regularly a delay in placing much needed orders....like this one.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky