It's now evident that I'm traveling too much

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
Just now May and I've already hit gold status with the hotel group I stay with on a regular basis.

They up graded me tonight and apologized for 2 queens instead of a king. I told them no biggie and then came up the elevator to this!

This is a pano shot of the room, but it's huge!

Not bad for a one night stay!

I know how you feel, last year I was home for 2 months out of the year, I am platinum member at 5 different hotel chains. Some of them offer really nice perks. All of my travels so far have allowed me to drive, so the Masterbuilt Portable has had a work out.

I was staying at a Residence Inn last month - they gave me an upgrade to a two-bedroom suite. I asked if they expected me to alternate between the bedrooms every night. That was kinda weird. I didn't even go into the second bedroom/bathroom.

Well thats good news ,,, I thought you had caught someone using your smoker while you were away . 
781.gif

You guys are picking up in your travels, where I'm slowing down. I've only logged around 40,000 BIS miles with my primary air carrier through April. Q1 is always a little slow, so hopefully, it will pick up.

It never made travelling any better, regardless what they did for me...  Home was home and travel sucked....

Case, I pondered WSM to convert, but didn't want to haul it around!

Yeah, travel sucks, but it's not as bad as it was when I was in mid-level management. For me to go for more than 2-3 days now means something has hit the fan in a big way.

I'm home and just fired up the pit! I've had a couple of chickens in the cure for 7 days now!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky