• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

It's been a long winter.. First smoke in a long time.. Prime Rib Roast

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
Lots of snow here in NY and it's been real cold also, so my smoking was on hold for a few months.

I had a 4lb boneless prime rib roast in the freezer almost 6 months so I figured it was time to do some smoking

with a couple sunny days we were getting.  Rubbed her down with EVOO and instead of the Kosher salt and black pepper I went with some Bad Byrons butt rub..

Cooked til it was 140 and then foiled for 20 min

Very moist and a perfect med rare for me. The ends were  on the med side

A couple taters smoked to perfection.

Last edited:

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Don't post the "IMG" code post the "Direct Link" code. Also don't past it directly into the post click on the "Insert image" button in the tool bar and paste it in there under the "IMG URL"

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
thanks, I used to be able to just post the link in the text.. Things have changed..

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
Any ideas for the left over meat?  I was thinking for dicing or chopping up and adding to tomato sauce for paste?

thanks  Bob

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That looks Great seaham.

Can't be much left over---I like to fire up the gas grill real hot.

Then flip the leftovers a couple minutes on each side, just enough to warm the inside and make the outside bubble.

If you can't do that, you could stick them in a foil pan in the toaster oven & do the same thing---warm the inside & bubble the outsides.

Bear

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I would slice it real thin and put it on some nice crusty rolls with some carmelized onions and provolone cheese.  Heat under the broiler then dip in some aujus made from this

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
that looks wonderful

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Yea now there are pictures. Great looking meal there. I just reheat it in the microwave and eat it the same way. But I do like the french dip idea as well.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 18, 2007
French dip sounds good, I have to get to the store and see what kind of dipping sauce we have around here. 

Thanks all

tyotrain

Master of the Pit
Joined Mar 31, 2010
Man that Q looks real good nice job.. Yes been a cold long winter in new york i will be happy to see green grass sunny and 75..

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Great looking roast! I vote for thin slicing & sammies!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.