Italian sausage and peppers stromboli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
There has been a few threads lately about calzones/stuffed sandwich/stromboli or whatever you want to call them. They all looked great! Decided to make one yesterday with italian sausage and peppers. It was really good. I didnt make the dough. Its just a refrigerated pizza dough. Just wanted something quick.

Started with cooking some peppers and onions until they got soft
0202201858.jpg

And then some Italian sausage.
0202202013.jpg

Unrolled the dough and made some slits at an angle. Then started layering. Started with provolone and topped with the onion and peppers.
0202202016.jpg

Then another layer of provolone and some of the sliced sausage.
0202202020.jpg

Then folded up the rest of the way.
0202202022a.jpg

Brush with egg and into the oven.
0202202057.jpg

Once its out of the oven I brushed with melted garlic butter and let rest before slicing.
0202202116a.jpg
0202202116c.jpg

Sliced and onto the plate with some marinara sauce for dipping.
0202202148.jpg
0202202153.jpg

This was a real quick meal and really hit the spot. Thanks for taking a look!

That looks beautiful! I love the ingredients too. I’m sure it tasted top notch too!!

like!

sowsage, this one beautiful stromboli! It looks fantastic and I bookmarked it. Any special recipe for the dough? On my list to do within next two weeks.... Thanks for sharing...
Real quick and easy on this one. Nothing special here with the dough. Its just a canned pillsbury pizza dough. You could make your own though. It would be better with homemade dough for sure! If you decide to use the canned stuff I usually use the thin crust style

Reactions: fullborebbq
Absolutely spectacular!! That is just gorgeous. Between this and Joe's Ruben roll, I have my next couple of dinners planned out. there is just no way that I can't make this. The presentation is off the charts in and of itself but the flavor must be amazing.

Big LIKE sir!!
Robert

Travis . nice work bud . Looks fantastic .
thanks! Your stuffed sandwich a while back looked great. Its one of the threads that got me wanting to do something like this!
Absolutely spectacular!! That is just gorgeous. Between this and Joe's Ruben roll, I have my next couple of dinners planned out. there is just no way that I can't make this. The presentation is off the charts in and of itself but the flavor must be amazing.

Big LIKE sir!!
Robert
thanks! Joes Ruben roll looks freaking awesome! I'll be doing one of those very soon. The Italian sausage and peppers is always a perfect pair. And this was a quick put together thing. I could only imagine how it would be with all homemade stuff! ( hint hint this is where you take it from here lol!)

This looks great. We make this meal alot. Never cut the dough thou. Wife will next time.

This looks great. We make this meal alot. Never cut the dough thou. Wife will next time.
Thanks pc. It sure makes it Purdy. Lol! And plus it gives plenty of open spots to vent instead of just cutting slits in the top.

Real nice for sure. When I make them I cheat and get the dough from a local pizza joint....this is NY you know...lol they are everywhere.

Reactions: xray
Real nice for sure. When I make them I cheat and get the dough from a local pizza joint....this is NY you know...lol they are everywhere.
Thanks! I sure wish I could have done this with some of the real deal New York pizza dough!

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky