Italian sausage and peppers stromboli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Kwik update. When Tracy walked through the door from the garage to the house, she yelled at me in the kitchen "I don't know what you're cooking but it sure smells good". At that point all I had going was the sausage in one CI skillet and the veggies in another. This thing looks and smells amazing!! The neighbor's dogs are barking and people are stopping in front of the house to try and figure out what I have going now. Should be ready in the next 10 minutes or so....

Robert
I cant wait to hear how it was!

Looks Great, almost to pretty to eat ....... Nahhhhh

Gary

Ok tx smoker tx smoker the suspense is killing me. Was it good? Not good? I had leftovers last night so I'm hoping someone had a good meal lol.

It was fantastic!! Will post up some pics a bit later
This damned company that gives me a paycheck is actually expecting me to do some work today to earn it.

See y'all in a couple hours
Robert

It was fantastic!! Will post up some pics a bit later
This damned company that gives me a paycheck is actually expecting me to do some work today to earn it.

See y'all in a couple hours
Robert
Cant wait to see it Robert! Now get back to work! Lol

Cant wait to see it Robert!

Ok...finished with all that stupid stuff they call work and am home. Do you want the full version or the abbreviated one?

Now get back to work! Lol

Hey...I was eating lunch when I sent that. It's MY 15 minutes and I'll spend it doing whatever I want :emoji_laughing:

Ready to post it...
Robert

I prefer the full version lol

Well, you know ow much I hate doing long posts with lots of pics but for you I'll make an exception. Got Zach )MisplacedNebraskan) on his way over right now to pick up some CPB that I ordered for him. Will try to get it posted before going to my little pub in a couple hours. If not, it'll be a bit later this afternoon. I took quite a few pics :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Sowsage
I prefer the full version lol

Oh well...I'm gonna go ahead and get started. I can always wrap it up later. I'll keep the dialog to a minimum because you've already been through all of that.

Homemade Italian sausage
001.jpg

Into a CI skillet
002.jpg

Veggies, garlic, and some Italian seasonings also in a CI skillet
003.jpg

004.jpg

Egg with a splash of heavy cream to brush the top with
005.jpg

006.jpg

Provolone
007.jpg

008.jpg

Vermont extra sharp white cheddar
009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Egg wash and crushed red pepper
013.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Served with some homemade marinara for dipping
018.jpg

Well, looks like I got it done. Yours is far prettier and more symmetrical than mine, that's for sure!! There were enough differences that I considered doing a second thread but this is your baby. You deserve the accolades so figured I'd just try to enhance yours instead of starting another one. It is quick, easy, and amazingly good!! My only takeaway is that with it only having sausage for a meat, it's a bit one dimensional. When I do anything that even resembles something like this I like to use multiple meats. Next time I'll add some Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and maybe some bacon crumbles. Outside of that, this was nothing short of amazing!! Tracy says we have yet another fantastic meal to add to our rotation. Thanks so much for posting this Travis. The inspiration was off the charts and your presentation was a showcase. Cannot wait to do this one again!! Also cannot believe how easy the laced wrap was to do. I was a bit intimidated but there's nothing to it at all. Y'all may wanna give this one a shot. It's well worth it.

One happy camper,
Robert

Oh well...I'm gonna go ahead and get started. I can always wrap it up later. I'll keep the dialog to a minimum because you've already been through all of that.

Homemade Italian sausage
View attachment 431319

Into a CI skillet
View attachment 431320

Veggies, garlic, and some Italian seasonings also in a CI skillet
View attachment 431321

View attachment 431322

Egg with a splash of heavy cream to brush the top with
View attachment 431323
View attachment 431324

Provolone
View attachment 431325
View attachment 431326

Vermont extra sharp white cheddar
View attachment 431327
View attachment 431328
View attachment 431329

Egg wash and crushed red pepper
View attachment 431330
View attachment 431331
View attachment 431332
View attachment 431333

Served with some homemade marinara for dipping
View attachment 431334

Well, looks like I got it done. Yours is far prettier and more symmetrical than mine, that's for sure!! There were enough differences that I considered doing a second thread but this is your baby. You deserve the accolades so figured I'd just try to enhance yours instead of starting another one. It is quick, easy, and amazingly good!! My only takeaway is that with it only having sausage for a meat, it's a bit one dimensional. When I do anything that even resembles something like this I like to use multiple meats. Next time I'll add some Canadian bacon, pepperoni, and maybe some bacon crumbles. Outside of that, this was nothing short of amazing!! Tracy says we have yet another fantastic meal to add to our rotation. Thanks so much for posting this Travis. The inspiration was off the charts and your presentation was a showcase. Cannot wait to do this one again!! Also cannot believe how easy the laced wrap was to do. I was a bit intimidated but there's nothing to it at all. Y'all may wanna give this one a shot. It's well worth it.

One happy camper,
Robert
Robert, looks amazing! I like the addition of the cheddar and the red pepper flakes! And I agree with you on the one dimensional thing. The addition of another meat would take this over the top. Also yes the laced wrap on the dough is super simple! And really adds to the look! Im so glad you gave this a go and enjoyed it! I'm actually doing another one tonight with the boys but will be a pizza style. May just let my oldest do the whole thing on his own. Awesome job!

While at the store today a package of Italian sausage (out of homemade), some provolone, a couple of peppers and a pizza crust accidently fell into my cart. I have no idea why.

While at the store today a package of Italian sausage (out of homemade), some provolone, a couple of peppers and a pizza crust accidently fell into my cart. I have no idea why.
Lol! Man I hate it when things randomly yet perfectly fall into the cart!

Fantastic looking sammy Travis. Sausage and peppers are a popular around here,but there usually served in a grinder roll. Thanks for showing me how to take it the next level.

Point for sure
Chris

Yep. Ya gotta hate it when that happens. I'd recommend going to this website called Smoking Meat Forums. There's a few folks there that may give you some inspiration on what to do with all those extraneous items in the grocery cart. Heck, you might even find a cool thread somewhere about doing a Stromboli.

Just trying to help,
Robert

Travis, that looks outstanding. I'm going to have save that recipe. I've got a few pizza dough recipes I've been wanting to try.

Thanks Ed
Ed, thanks! I need to try this with some homemade dough myself.
Fantastic looking sammy Travis. Sausage and peppers are a popular around here,but there usually served in a grinder roll. Thanks for showing me how to take it the next level.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris ! Thats the way ive always had them too. Thought it would be perfect made like this.

Well I'm glad this went over Well with everyone. tx smoker tx smoker had mentioned that the laced dough looked a little intimidating but once he tried it out it was a breeze. And it really is. My son did one tonight pizza style so I'll share how his turned out. I did the cuting of the dough for him and he took it from there. He did a great job!

Provolone ,then black olive,lots of pepperoni and shredded mozzarella.
0205201808.jpg
0205201812.jpg
0205201813.jpg

Then fold it up like a mummy as Ryder says lol!
0205201817.jpg
0205201817a.jpg

Brush with the egg
0205201821.jpg

Out of the oven and ready to eat!
0205201853.jpg

And of course Ryders signature thumbs up of approval!
0205201913.jpg

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky