Italian Herb Crusted Pork Loin (A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Yesterday was a bit crazy with work, which is very rare. Didn't feel like getting into making an involved meal so decided to keep it quick and simple. Dinner turned out far better than I ever thought it would so decided to share in case somebody else is in a time jam but still wants a decent meal...or you just don't feel like making a more complete meal. Defrosted a small pork loin roast and got it ready to go.

Rubbed with my garlic EVOO and a pretty heavy coating of Italian herbs
pork roast 007.jpg

I made an Italian flavored gravy to put on the pork
pork roast 008.jpg

Cooked the pork on the Weber using the SnS with charcoal and a chunk of chunk of mesquite just for the fun of it. All done
pork roast 009.jpg

This is why I'm posting it. IMHO that pork roast looks really good.
pork roast 011.jpg

All sliced. Nice and juicy
pork roast 012.jpg

Plated with some gravy on top, broccoli cheddar rice, and green beans
pork roast 014.jpg

The gravy got a bit thick as dinner was coming ready. I wanted to eat and didn't feel like re-tempering the gravy to thin it down so just went with it. I was using the digital remote thermometer so never took the lid off the grill to look at the meat as it was cooking. Just waited till it was done then went to get it. I was met with a sight unlike anything I ever expected. There was no intention of posting this so not any time put into presentation. I was told by a friend here that I should post it though due to the simplicity of the meal, but the fact that it was really good. Short, sweet, and to the point this time. See y'all on the next one...and stay safe out there.

Robert

tenor.gif

Looks great as usual Robert! Really like the addition of the gravy looks like it brought the whole meal together. Points for sure buddy!

Seems every dinner at your house is a new and delicious culinary experience Robert, wish I had that kind of creativity and energy. Perfectly cooked pork, and with gravy! Like! RAY

That pork looks perfect! Nice cook man! Just goes to show that quick and simple can sometimes turn out a great meal. Glad you shared with us!

Looks great Robert got to say I never knew there were so many gravies until I started reading your threads, keep them coming.

Looks good from my seat.

Thanks so much Adam. Didn't look like much to me until I picked up the cover of the grill :emoji_wink:

Heck yeah Robert that looks delicious. Glad you posted it. Simple but beautiful

Very much appreciate it Jake. It hardly stacks up to some of the great stuff you've been putting out but it was tasty.

Looks great as usual Robert! Really like the addition of the gravy looks like it brought the whole meal together.

Thank you John..and yes, to me gravy can bring just about any meal together. This was interesting though. Only the 2nd time I've made Italian flavored gravy but it went beautifully with the pork.

Robert

What's that I see? Gravy? Nice meal there bud!

I'm sorry about the gravy Steve. You know how much I hate the stuff but Tracy asked me to make it for her so I did. It's all her fault :emoji_astonished:

Hey Robert, looks real good!

Thank you Dave. I was really happy with the way that pork turned out.

Seems every dinner at your house is a new and delicious culinary experience Robert, wish I had that kind of creativity and energy. Perfectly cooked pork, and with gravy!

Appreciate the kind words Ray. I just like to mix up our meals around here and try different things. I guess the variety of stuff has just grown on itself as I've spent more time reading the forum and working on expanding out menu offerings.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Simple.
Stunning.
Fantastic.

And to top if off with some gravy? Looks like a great meal to me. Very nice!

sure looks good Robert! Pork looks delicious! And of course you know my love for gravy! Simple meals are always welcome to view.

Ryan

Simple is how we roll most of the time. Nice of you to post that, gives some people with very hectic schedules some good ideas.

Looks exceptionally good. That amount of juice out of pork loin is incredible. I would devour some of that and come back for seconds.

That pork looks perfect! Nice cook man! Just goes to show that quick and simple can sometimes turn out a great meal. Glad you shared with us!

Thanks so much Travis. I've been trying recently to keep things a bit more low key and finding that yes, you can have a simple meal that's really good.

Looks great Robert got to say I never knew there were so many gravies until I started reading your threads, keep them coming.

There probably aren't that many that would be considered "traditional" but there's no end to the variations you can do. Pretty much any flavor profile you want and gravy is so easy to make.

Simple.
Stunning.
Fantastic.

Thanks Joe!! I guess that sums is up...pretty simply :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks very tasty. No complaints here about gravy. I grew up with gravy on many meals.

Thank you. I grew up loving gravy and it has not tapered off in adulthood. I'm just continuing to find dofferent ways to make it and we go through a bunch around here.

sure looks good Robert! Pork looks delicious! And of course you know my love for gravy! Simple meals are always welcome to view.

Thanks Ryan...and yes, I know we both share a love affair with gravy. Every time I post something that has gravy in it you're the first person I think about.

Simple is how we roll most of the time. Nice of you to post that, gives some people with very hectic schedules some good ideas.

Thankyou and quite honestly, your thoughts are the exact reason I did post it. Give folks an option for something quick, simple, and easy, but very tasty.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky