Is my LEM a LEMON???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
OK Guys.

I threw out some hooks to some Buddies of mine.

One of them just changed his gears (today) in his 5 Pound Kitchener Stuffer from Plastic to black metal.

Here is the link to the metal gears that fit in his Kitchener, that he got from LEM:

Direct replacement. No issues.

http://www.lemproducts.com/category/s?keyword=606-19

All changed:

​

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: pc farmer
I still haven't contacted LEM yet. The time change makes it difficult with my work load right now. I hope to get ahold of them tomorrow. I also need to wade through several thousand archived emails to find my order number...

Dang it DS hope you get this solved

DS

Man, sorry to read this Case. I have an 11lb two gear LEM vertical stuffer. No issues at all.

I hope LEM does good on this for you. Wow...
I hope so too! I still have to contact them. Just haven't had the time to get my info together in one place. Hoping to get er done tomorrow!

th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

What up Case. Any word yet

th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

What up Case. Any word yet

Unfortunately I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to address the situation. We don't have a computer at home so its a bit difficult for me to do what I need to do from my phone. The time change doesn't help as I can't call LEM as it conflicts with my work schedule. I'll get it taken care of but it may be another week or so.

Well here's the status update. I finally got an email off to Lem today, so I am hoping that I will get a response back from them. I had to fill out their response form on the website as I couldn't find a direct email listed for their warranty claims department. I think that in itself is lame. Who knows how many hands that will get shuffled through before it gets to the proper person...

Well, crap. I have been kicking myself for two years for getting my Weston 5 pounder and not the LEM because of how much is left in the bottom after stuffing. I guess I did ok then. Never had any issues with it and I have done a couple hundred pounds through it. It really is only about a half pound left in there I guess. Makes a nice patty for instant gratification. Funny, I was going to put a picture up of it from my photos and it is gone along with several others. Weird. I wonder who is flagging random pictures of food and equipment for removal?

It's possible to get a lemon with just about any product, just some more than others. I can't complain about my Lem.

Well, crap. I have been kicking myself for two years for getting my Weston 5 pounder and not the LEM because of how much is left in the bottom after stuffing. I guess I did ok then. Never had any issues with it and I have done a couple hundred pounds through it. It really is only about a half pound left in there I guess. Makes a nice patty for instant gratification. Funny, I was going to put a picture up of it from my photos and it is gone along with several others. Weird. I wonder who is flagging random pictures of food and equipment for removal?
Having used my Enterprise for many years and having a good pound in the bottom and another 1/2 pound gushing out of the plunger I was pleasantly surprised that the LEM leaves almost nothing and nothing comes out the top.

Still   haven't heard anything from LEM. If  I haven't heard from them by Monday the you know what is going to hit the fan!

I actually get most of it out now by using a wet towel in a open ziplock after I empty the cannister. My plunger that I made from a dowel fits down the 32 mm tube to squeeze out a lot of the meat in there too. I still end up with a fat patty's worth. The thing is built like a tank though. I can't imagine anything much going wrong with it. Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with yours. My neighbor has a wild game processing business and he is quite happy with his LEM that is just like yours. Who knows how many thousands of pounds has gone through that thing this year alone. I think you got a friday afternoon build there case. Hope they take care of you.

Well here's LEM's response:

Dear Case:

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your stuffer.  I sounds like the washer is just slightly out of place.  I have attached instructions for you to reassemble the unit which should end the metal shavings.  My suggestion on the tubes would be that after washing and drying, put them in the oven on the lowest setting for about 10 minutes.  This will ensure that the tubes are competely dry.  You can also store them in a bag of rice, the rice will absorb any excess moisture that may be on the inside of the tubes.  I hope this helps.

Please let me know if I can further assist you.

Here's my response, which I attached the photos I've posted here:

HI XXXX,

I have taken apart the stuffer and reassembled it. This has not fixed the problem. To me it appears that the machining is off or that the lash of the gear on the threaded rod is incorrect. I basically have not been using this stuffer because of the shavings falling into the tub. As for the stainless tubes, it shouldn't rust even when wet. The stainless tubes that I have for my Enterprise stuffer look as good as new and I have been using them for 20+ years. Once again I see this as poor quality machining. Looking at the interior of the tubes they are extremely rough.

I am attaching photos for you to review. I am hoping that LEM will make this right. I spent 3 years researching and reading reviews prior to buying this stuffer. So far it has not performed per the reviews.

I hope they make it right. For the first time, I was going to order some supplies from them . After reading this post I'll stick with the Sausage Maker. Keep us posted.

By the way that looks to me like an automated canned response no actual person would have done. Kind of reminds me of dealing with Samsung over my bunk super high dollar tv for the last 3 times it has been to the factory for repair 100 phone calls later. I don't know if I would be dealing with them again anytime soon. No LEM grinder for me now.

The only correct solution from lem is to replace the stuffer with a new one. . They can send you new parts but you will have to smooth the burred edge of the stuffer that cut into the washer and If I were lem I would not want you to do that because you shouldn't have to. Your unit just had a flaw when it was casted or fabricated on the assembly line. It was probably made on a Friday or a Monday...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky