Inspired By Chilerelleno: Bistec A La Mexicana (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thank you for the kind words and the input you shared. Being in Texas for a long time, I've learned the vast differences between Mexican and Tex Mex. I like both but my favorite is Mexican due to the depth and richness of the flavors that are developed. Sadly, I cannot do anything chicken though. Tracy is allergic to it. I suppose I could do a turkey mole :emoji_wink:

Hmmmm....
Robert

The best version of mole I ever ate was one that my grandmother made with Turkey!!!!
Definitely go for it with the Turkey and don't give a second thought about using chicken :D

Inquiring minds want to know which Mole?
Puebla
Negro
Verde
Or?

Negro/Black is what she made.
That is pretty much what we seem to eat on both sides of the family.
Often the sauce base is bought off the shelf from the store and then doctored from there. It comes out well... though I haven't eaten any for a long time now. I may have to look into doing some soon :)

Whoa! Can’t believe I missed this. Looks fantastic, bookmarking for a future winter dinner

Like!

What to do next, hmm?
Roberto, mi amigo.
Deslumbrarla con carnitas!
*Dazzle her with carnitas!*

Go buy a boneless butt, cut it up into two to three inch cubes, marinate overnight, then fast simmer in lard or vegetable oil till tender and then turn the heat to high and crisp via deep fry.
It's really easy to make authentic carnitas.

Roberto,
let me just say, that is a really nice Carne de Guisado!
Like!

It looks delicious, as Chef Gusteau said, "Anyone can cook Mexican!"

Your recipe looks good to go.
It's the way I'd do it when using chile powders vs fresh/dried chiles.
Fresh/dried I would add pureed Chiles to gravy.

So glad you gave it a go, and with such wonderful success.
There really is nothing hard about good Mexican cooking, it's all in the chemistry of the flavors.
You did exactly what I do for a lot of unfamiliar cuisine.
Look through several recipes to see how they're put together and then go from there.

Carne lampriada is what it is .Carne Guisada is beef tips cut cooked In cast iron pan with lard . In your molcajete grind garlic whole black pepper and cominos . Add it .. add a spoonful tomatoe paste with water ..simmer then add flour ..Taco's de Carne Guisada on a flour Tortilla ..been makin that since I was 15 ..I'm 62 .. Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky