induction Ranges

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I think the control board on my electric stove going out. It the flat top kind and I do really like. I thinking of going induction this time. Anybody have one that can comment about them. Do you miss have a regular burner? I have couple of burners I used for home brewing and they seem to work great. Most of my cookware is induction. It would be a learning curve I guess like everything.

Hey Brian, no experience with induction ranges. I have heard you need a set of induction pots and pans. I like gas ranges myself…maybe that’s old school nowadays?

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Our next door neighbor bought an induction range when he re-did his kitchen. He loves it, but you can only use Steel bottom pans. I wish they would make a 5 burner electric flat top range with 3 regular burners and 2 induction burners, because we have a ton of pans & about half of them have steel bottoms, and about half of them are commercial style aluminum pans. I use the aluminum pans all the time. So I guess I’ll just stick to my smooth top range.
Al

Our next door neighbor bought an induction range when he re-did his kitchen. He loves it, but you can only use Steel bottom pans. I wish they would make a 5 burner electric flat top range with 3 regular burners and 2 induction burners, because we have a ton of pans & about half of them have steel bottoms, and about half of them are commercial style aluminum pans. I use the aluminum pans all the time. So I guess I’ll just stick to my smooth top range.
Al
I was looking for one that has both. I used my induction burners a few times for cooking. Just don't have room for them but was nice having the instant heat and off and great for deep fryer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky