I Want To Smoke All The Things!

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by bakerowl, Feb 2, 2016.

1. bakerowl

bakerowl Newbie

Heyo, I'm new to smoking, but it's one of my new hobbies. So far I've done: pork shoulder, tea-smoked chicken, and smoked buffalo drumsticks. I've got a bone-in rib roast that's calling my name; just waiting for the right occasion. Aside from meat, I want to explore smoked desserts since that's relevant to my career as a pastry chef. One of my next splurges, when I can afford it, is getting a smoking gun so I can cold smoke liquors, butter, cheese, cream, chocolate, eggs, and so on. 

My main tools are a Masterbuilt electric smoker, this book, and my sweet purple Thermapen.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. one eyed jack

one eyed jack Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site and to the smoking hobby.

I look forward to reading about your dessert smokes.  [​IMG]

3. bauchjw

bauchjw Master of the Pit

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing about your smoked deserts! You don't need the cash to get a smoke gun. There are a lot of cheap/free mods you can do for cold smoking on your own. Especially with the Masterbuilt Electric Smoker (MES). Just use the search function for MES cold smoke modifications and you'll be set! Good luck!

Check out this thread for an idea. You can also look up mailbox modifications for other ideas:
    http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/81764/cold-smoke-generator-for-the-mes

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Al

5. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the group!  Happy smoking.

Mike

6. [​IMG]   Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a sunny and cool day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

7. bakerowl

bakerowl Newbie

Oooh, thanks for this! Definitely going to have to try this out!

8. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey... Welcome to our group.  We are happy that you joined.   Now lets get cooking! b

9. Was wondering where you were ?

Gary

10. bdskelly

bdskelly Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

LOL Was in  St Louis.  Home for a few days then off to Orlando.