I need inspiration...FREE weekend, I want to smoke/cook something different

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
This weekend is absolutely FREE of any obligations for me and the bride! NOTHING is planned, and we don't have to do anything other than normal farm chores. That's a major change for us, so I want to take advantage of it!

However, I do have a local couple that want some chicken and cow poop to start their compost pile with that plan to come over Sunday morning, but that's a totally different story for another time...

I want to smoke, or cook, something different. For those that know me, that's going to be a challenge. I've smoked and cooked things that have had people report me for in the past.

I have beef, chicken, and pork available, and I'm willing to hit up the local WallyMart here in my small town if needed.

I want to make something for me and the bride for our Sunday meal... We're both tired of the same ol same ol...

Give me some ideas!

Hmm... this could be difficult. OK, got a rotisserie for your grill? Try this one:

CB May I reintroduce the Who Dung diet.

1706312450380.png

1706312510299.png

Chris

Not that it will be all that cold in your area tomorrow, you could whip up a batch of posole, put it in the crock pot, and go wander around town with your bride and spend some quality time together, just a thought....

They had what they called The barnyard sandwich at a local fair a few years ago... a tender chicken breast with cheese, juicy 1/3 lb burger with cheese, and pork loin with cheese all in one sandwich.

Or booyah... never made it but come across it awhile back and looked really good... just on a much smaller scale than how they make it in big batches

1000004188.jpg

Sorry about the Reeses add, I screen shot the pic.

Ryan

I usually look back on my bookmarks. Trouble is I have so many! I was on a mission a while back to knock some off and made a pretty big dent in it. I just doing some grilled chicken legs today. Simple but so good.

Smoked meatloaf is one of my go-to's when I'm in your position. I love Pat LaFreida's 4-meat recipe. Smoked it's fantastic.

Could smoke/cook some Ramen Shepherd's pie.
Cook ground beef in a skillet (or smoker), add chopped onion, ramen seasoning packet, add frozen peas, salt & pepper to taste.

Transfer beef to a cast iron pan, boil ramen noodles, drain and top ground beef mix with noodles. Broil until brown & crispy.

Sorry for the lack of cut shot, this was the only pic I could find in my archives.

1706365705479.png

Should have added rocky mountain oysters... can see that as something you'd make but supply might be an issue !

Ryan
Supply where I live isn't an issue at all, it's the bride. I'd tear them UP given the chance. I think that will be a go to when the boys come to town next month!
How about some deep fried chicken gizzards?
Again, the bride... UGH! Love me some guts and gravy!
I think CB's to do list might just get bigger!

Ryan
It has gotten a LOT bigger. Most of the items posted so far, other than what I mentioned, have been done recently...

I'm really leaning towards a pinwheel skirt or flank steak though. Haven't done that in a long time.

Supply where I live isn't an issue at all, it's the bride. I'd tear them UP given the chance. I think that will be a go to when the boys come to town next month!

Again, the bride... UGH! Love me some guts and gravy!

It has gotten a LOT bigger. Most of the items posted so far, other than what I mentioned, have been done recently...

I'm really leaning towards a pinwheel skirt or flank steak though. Haven't done that in a long time.
Might have to blame that on Eric , SmokinEdge SmokinEdge , he started it! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky