How low can they go?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
While scanning the local market flyers, I came across one from Fresh and Easy. They are fairly new and I think they only serve the Nevada, Arizona, and California states. They are selling Jennie O Premium Basted frozen turkeys for .37  ¢ a pound, with no minimum purchase. Gloria checked it out, and brought me a 13.54 lb. frozen bird that cost $5.01. Even though it is enhanced, I can still soak it a few time in clear water before I put it into a brine. Now, if I can convince her to got back and get me a few more... Gloria, can you hear me now?

be47459e_JennieO.jpg

Last edited:
Rich, you got to be kidding!  .37 a pound? Through the netting i thought it said premium bast.....

I'm on it tomorrow!
icon_smile.gif

I hear ya Rich. I picked up two birds tonight one of them the same as yours for $0.39/lbs. The two birds combined come out to just shy of 40lbs. My total cost was $15. 
biggrin.gif

yup just bought an 8#er for under $4 and smoked it yesterday. came out great and then sat outside next to he fire and smoked a few stoggies meateater sent me........turned out to be a great evening!

Come on Gloria !!!
icon_cry.gif
 @ .37  ¢ a pound   I think I would almost consider driving their myself to pick up a few.....Help the guy out.....pick him up 2 or 10 of them birds....LOL I always tell  my wife to look at it this way.... at least I will not make a mess in the house....most of the time it works !!!!     
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

yup just bought an 8#er for under $4 and smoked it yesterday. came out great and then sat outside next to he fire and smoked a few stoggies meateater sent me........turned out to be a great evening!

Had a few beers saw your avatar and thought ya smoked a few doggies?
icon_eek.gif
 LMAO!

Had a few beers saw your avatar and thought ya smoked a few doggies?
icon_eek.gif
 LMAO!
i've had a few dog rockets before................
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

I just got some for 40 cents. Last year the few days before thanksgiving I got them for 25cents a lb. Not sure ill see that this year. 

We got a turkey for $.39/lb yesterday.  That's gotta be below cost?!?!

Todd

icon_cool.gif

MmmmAaaaaaaaNnnnnnnn I just got my turkeys 6 of them and I paid 1.10 lb. Oh well it for alot of my Northern family. Turkeys 1.10lb for turkey Ouch smoking and frying them for the family Priceless.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky