• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

2.5 gallons of bear tallow

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

motolife313-2

Smoking Fanatic
Joined
Mar 13, 2023
Messages
327
Reaction score
1,008
Helped my friend process it yesterday. He gave me all the meat. Cut pretty big chunks out. About 2x2” cubes or so. Took about 5 hours, the part I’m touching is his lower back above his tail, that’s where the majority of the fat was
IMG_9340.jpeg
IMG_9351.jpeg
IMG_9374.jpeg
IMG_9380.jpeg
IMG_9390.jpeg
IMG_9391.jpeg
 
I haven’t used any yet. I keep my bacon grease which works very well for me. I’ll let you know soon. I actually made blt’s the other day used about 1 pound of bacon while this was brewing and I dumped the bacon grease into the pot lol
 
From all I have been told bear grease is the best for cooking and pastry making.
Every bear hunter I know swears bear fat cooked donuts are unbeatable. I have also heard french fries cooked in bear fat are amazing as well. I have never had the opportunity to try either thought.
 
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top
Clicky