1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How low can they go?

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by richoso1, Nov 14, 2010.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

While scanning the local market flyers, I came across one from Fresh and Easy. They are fairly new and I think they only serve the Nevada, Arizona, and California states. They are selling Jennie O Premium Basted frozen turkeys for .37  ¢ a pound, with no minimum purchase. Gloria checked it out, and brought me a 13.54 lb. frozen bird that cost $5.01. Even though it is enhanced, I can still soak it a few time in clear water before I put it into a brine. Now, if I can convince her to got back and get me a few more... Gloria, can you hear me now?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Rich, you got to be kidding!  .37 a pound? Through the netting i thought it said premium bast.....

I'm on it tomorrow! [​IMG]

3. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

I hear ya Rich. I picked up two birds tonight one of them the same as yours for $0.39/lbs. The two birds combined come out to just shy of 40lbs. My total cost was $15. [​IMG]

4. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    yup just bought an 8#er for under $4 and smoked it yesterday. came out great and then sat outside next to he fire and smoked a few stoggies meateater sent me........turned out to be a great evening!

5. shoneyboy

shoneyboy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Come on Gloria !!! [​IMG]  @ .37  ¢ a pound   I think I would almost consider driving their myself to pick up a few.....Help the guy out.....pick him up 2 or 10 of them birds....LOL I always tell  my wife to look at it this way.... at least I will not make a mess in the house....most of the time it works !!!!     [​IMG]  

6. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Had a few beers saw your avatar and thought ya smoked a few doggies? [​IMG]  LMAO!

7. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    i've had a few dog rockets before................[​IMG]

8. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I just got some for 40 cents. Last year the few days before thanksgiving I got them for 25cents a lb. Not sure ill see that this year. 

9. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

We got a turkey for $.39/lb yesterday.  That's gotta be below cost?!?!

Todd

10. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

MmmmAaaaaaaaNnnnnnnn I just got my turkeys 6 of them and I paid 1.10 lb. Oh well it for alot of my Northern family. Turkeys 1.10lb for turkey Ouch smoking and frying them for the family Priceless.