How long is vacuum sealed cured meat good for

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macmanmatty

Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
I was planning buying some cured lunch meats like sandwich pepperoni , salami , sopressa to take on a road trip / hiking . If I vacuum sealed these how long would they last unrefrigerated?

Smoked meats will still need cold even vac sealed. However dry cured vac sealed will be good without cold.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Since meats like Board's Head pepperoni are dry cured, If I vacuum seal them they would be good unrefridgerated Then? If so how long should they be good for?

I was planning buying some cured lunch meats like sandwich pepperoni , salami , sopressa to take on a road trip / hiking . If I vacuum sealed these how long would they last unrefrigerated?
Vacuum sealed or not the meat gets contaminated. Refrigeration just slows down the process of meat rotting. Non refrigerated meat gets rotten much faster. Vacuum sealing adds some protection from future contamination.

Last edited:
Since meats like Board's Head pepperoni are dry cured, If I vacuum seal them they would be good unrefridgerated Then? If so how long should they be good for?
This will depend on the process used to dry the salumi. If done properly, then yes, you can hold vac sealed above refrigerator temps. because the meats are shelf stable. I suggest reading the package to see if refrigeration after opening is stated, and whether it has an expiration date. Properly dry cured meats should keep for a year or more before going bad...

Reactions: 1MoreFord
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky