Holiday Rib Eye Feast For Family (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks one great looking meal!
That CPB reminds me of the Romangnola beef (Italian) that my dad used to raise. It was lean and even the sirloin steak could be fork cut, may have to work a little, but would cut. Tender juicy very flavorful beef.

It may be simple, but thats a mighty fine meal right there.

I'd planned to do a bit more but this came out well so we were all happy.

Looks like a delicious meal Robert. I have to try some of that dirt rub.

Thanks Steve!! I'm really liking that dirt rub. Looks more intimidating than it is so don't bashful with it.

I'd knock down a plate of that basic meal, looks fantastic Robert.

Thank you Jim!! We did in fact knock down a plate. Kids were barely hungry for breakfast the next morning.

Robert

That's a plate any true American would be thrilled sitting down to Robert, beautiful! RAY

Appreciate it my friend. Being the 4th of July, what better time to have a true American meal?

Hey so what is this dirt rub? you make it or buy it? can you share a little more on that? Googled it and got a lotta hits.
Yes, please do tell about the dirt rub?

Here ya go guys. The rub is showcased in this thread I did recently. It was a gift from a friend in a Christmas exchange so don't know the specifics

Nice looking meal Robert. Good job. Just wondering if the boys passed on the ice cream and just ate the fruit? :)

Haa haa haa....actually they were pretty tame with the peaches not knowing exactly what they were getting themselves into.

Robert

Hot Damn Robert I would be all over that steak like a fat kid on cake. The color on them is amazing. I wish my super quick meals looked that good!

Thank you John. I've gotten all too much practice recently doing quick meals. Abut time I figured out how to do one :emoji_wink:

Looks awesome as usual Robert. Steaks look killer! They are moonshine peaches lol but glad y'all enjoyed them

Appreciate it my friend. Sorry for the misnomer about the peaches. They were still incredible. Got a "thank you" letter from the nephews and those were included in the appreciations.

I really enjoy your posts, Robert. Chalk up another one.

Thank you Colin. I've enjoyed having a bit of time recently to do some catching up.

Robert

Robert, in our household that qualifies as a "really nice dinner"! Beautiful!

Thank you!! I'll let this go as a "really good dinner" also. Most times we eat pretty simple stuff but I wanted to do a bit more for visiting family.

Often times simple is overlooked and underappreciated, but these are the things that I like. This meal is fantastic, Robert....

I couldn't agree more. Mels around here have been scaled back for that exact reason. Just wanted to do something a bit nicer for this one.

Out of Bounds Robert! WOW that looks fabulous!

Thank you Dave. Very much appreciate it sir.

Robert

You had me at that beautifully cooked steak and mashed taters and gravy... but you already knew that!

Yep Ryan, you are a sucker for gravy, especially if it's on top of homemade mashed taters :emoji_laughing: Gravy is coursing through our veins I believe.

Pretty nice abbreviated version meal to me! That's a real deal meal!

Very much appreciate it. Sometimes having to drop back 10 and punt works out fairly well.

Basic or not, that is a fine looking meal, Robert. Steak is perfect! We're on diets the last month and now I'm craving steak. Great work.

Thanks Mike but remember, man can't live on bread alone so you gotta get yourself some protein. Go have a steak :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Robert I love a good ribeye and those look like GREAT ribeyes!! Nailed it!

Thank you Jeff. A good rib eye is hard to beat. One cool thing about the rub is the contrast you get between the nice sear and the pink center. Makes for a nice picture at least :emoji_wink: SIL and nephews said the best steaks they have ever had. I'll take that.

I would get out the fine China for that meal. Excellent. . .

Thank you but I have no say when the fine china comes out. That's all up to Tracy and when it comes out, the dining room gets all dolled up.

Thanks one great looking meal!
That CPB reminds me of the Romangnola beef (Italian) that my dad used to raise. It was lean and even the sirloin steak could be fork cut

What you mention here sounds very much like the CPB, which is Italian also. I might have to do a bit of reading to find out the similarities.

Robert

Very nice Robert! Steaks cooked perfectly and everything else looks tasty as well…. Top notch stuff!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky