Help! bad weather coming for thanksgiving and my smoker is out in the open :(

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcgallimore

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Wytheville, VA
I am wanting to smoke my 17 lb turkey and my precook spiral ham for thanksgiving on wed. We are expecting snow/ice rain tues and wed. my masterbuilt smoker sits on my deck... With this storm coming how should I handle this? I can't move my smoker :(

i have used a big vented beach umbrella over mine many times, (VENT IN TH TOP SO THE WIND DOESNT BLOW IT AWAY) i see others on here put a plastic bag over the BRAIN BOX and secure it with an elastic band.

just buiLt a new rig and i cut a hole in my shop door and vent it out that way...  :0)
have 40 lbs of canadian bacon smoking right now

hope this helps a bit

GOOD LUCK !!!

We'll be getting hit by the same Nor'Easter. I don't know if I would trust an EZ up in this type of storm. That is if the weathermen are right.
I don't know if this is an option for you, but this is my plan, and I'll be using a UDS. The weather is supposed to be decent Monday and Thursday. I'm smoking my ham Monday and will reheat Thursday. I'm going to smoke the Turkey Thursday morning.
I hope this is somewhat helpful.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky