1st Whole Turkey Smoke and Used Injected Marinade with QView!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! Awesome write up and awesome looking turkey! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, I'm glad you found it helpful :)
Great write up and a great looking smoked turkey. Those smoked turkey legs would be awesome in a gumbo when the weather cools down a little.
Thanks.  Yeah the legs are good and I could see them in the gumbo.
Got be brave and try it sometime.. looks fun to me. [emoji]129299[/emoji] good show!
I think it will turn out great.  I hope the info in this post helps guide along :)

Great looking turkey! I inject mine, have never brined. The family LOVES the turkey smoked, and prefers it over the smoked chicken.

Also...very nice step by step!

Points!! 
points.gif
Thanks.  Yeah smoked turkey rocks!

That is a great looking bird! I could go for one right now. 
Thanks!  It tasted good as well.  Next time though I will be sure use or add a stronger wood than what I used.  These birds cook so quick it is hard for me to get the desired amount of smoke flavor in/on them.  I think burning 2 rows of Pecan at the same time in my  AMNPS would be perfect!

Oh.. I'm gonna just use melted butter. Well, butter and some chicken stock I make. Maybe some whiskey. Get some of the whiskey barrel chips to use also. [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Last edited:
Oh.. I'm gonna just use melted butter. Well, butter and some chicken stock I make. Maybe some whiskey. Get some of the whiskey barrel chips to use also. [emoji]128556[/emoji]
Let us know how it turns out :)

UPDATE: I fixed the measure of tablespoons of sugar. I just mixed up the injectable marinade and measured it out with a proper tablespoon. It is 8 Tablespoons of brown sugar. Not flat tablespoons, but a little over, just not heaping.

I can't wait to inject and smoke my thanksgiving turkey tomorrow. Everyone loves this marinade at thanksgiving in my deep fried turkeys so they are expecting it in the smoked turkey this year. If they weren't I would have cured brined the turkey.

Best of luck on all your turkey cooks and happy thanksgiving!!! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky