• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Help! bad weather coming for thanksgiving and my smoker is out in the open :(

mcgallimore

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 30, 2009
I am wanting to smoke my 17 lb turkey and my precook spiral ham for thanksgiving on wed. We are expecting snow/ice rain tues and wed. my masterbuilt smoker sits on my deck... With this storm coming how should I handle this? I can't move my smoker :(

goliath

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 8, 2013
i have used a big vented beach umbrella over mine many times, (VENT IN TH TOP SO THE WIND DOESNT BLOW IT AWAY) i see others on here put a plastic bag over the BRAIN BOX and secure it with an elastic band.

just buiLt a new rig and i cut a hole in my shop door and vent it out that way...  :0)
have 40 lbs of canadian bacon smoking right now

hope this helps a bit

GOOD LUCK !!!

damn yankee

Joined Aug 11, 2013
I went to Academy Sports and bought a nice 12x12 EZUP for 80 dollars. I don't sweat the weather anymore.

flyboys

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 14, 2007
We'll be getting hit by the same Nor'Easter. I don't know if I would trust an EZ up in this type of storm. That is if the weathermen are right.
I don't know if this is an option for you, but this is my plan, and I'll be using a UDS. The weather is supposed to be decent Monday and Thursday. I'm smoking my ham Monday and will reheat Thursday. I'm going to smoke the Turkey Thursday morning.
I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks